Adding Contact(s) to Lead/Opp/Quote Entry

Is there a way to create a new contact for a company from within Quote Entry if a contact already exists with that name?

For example, I have “Customer A” with a contact of “Amy Williams”, but Customer B just hired a new buyer named Amy Williams. When I click New Contact in the Quote entry (this quote is for Customer B) and type in Amy Williams, rather than creating a new contact for Customer B, it pulls the contact from Customer A.

I would think that the system would notice that the Amy Williams that it is pulling is from a different Customer…but, perhaps I am wrong?

Is this actually something that ‘works as intended’? If a contact already exists, even for a different company, it will be automatically selected as the contact for this new company? IE: Can’t add a new contact via Quote Entry?

You cannot add a new contact to a customer through quote entry. You need to create the contact on the customer record. The “New Contact” is to allow you to add an already existing contact to the quote, not that it is creating a new contact record. If you right click in the contact field, you can select Customer Contract Entry and create it there.

Actually it will create a new customer contact automatically from Quote Entry. It behaves just like Jason is describing. Setting up the Contact on the Customer first, then adding to Quote Entry is the only way around it that I know of.

2 Likes

Wow! Never knew that. Yeah, looks like the only way around it is to go to the customer to add the new contact if it is the same name.

1 Like

That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for the insight, John! :slight_smile: