Anyone experiencing printing issues? Recent MS patch might be causing problems

I am looking at a bunch of printing errors and APM failing to process:

The server-side authentication level policy does not allow the user from address 172.29.1.30 to activate DCOM server. Please raise the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application.

Windows EventID is 10036

I suspect the recent KB5005568 -force new DCOM authentication is playing a part. Has anyone noticed anything? It just now popped up as the printserver rarely gets restarted…
More info: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-windows-security-updates-break-network-printing/

Thanks!

Paul

Yes, we had difficulties too. Had to switch our networked label printer for receiving tags over to USB while IT got the print server back to normal.

I was able to start using APM again after I switched from Server Printer to Client Printer to Process Payments and capture/email the outgoing disbursement notifications.

I happened to have the APM Printer installed as a local printer on my workstation. When I tried to add the APM Printer on other users systems, I was not able to get around the Elevated Permissions requirements MS recently put on adding Printers. I used my Domain Admin account, and that still wasn’t enough to add the networked “local” printer. I’ll let IT worry about that one…