Anyone Using Dynamic Documents?

Was wondering if anyone is using Dynamic Documents. It seems pretty cool but not sure if it really is.

If yes, what was the business problem that was solved using it?

same question, anyone actively using dynamic documents?

regards,

Jos

i have no memory of this place GIF

What is it?

It’s really slick looking. I will actually be implementing it in the next year.

How would you compare this to Epicor’s eFlex?

Well I know their google maps api key expired.

I like it.

You have ECM then? It appears that’s where the values are stored. Will you need the forms options in ECM to use it?

I looked into this before and don’t recall it needed the ECM Forms license. It’s processed as a Word Doc → PDF for storage in ECM and I think the Kientic client process of attaching it (in the video it asked what the attachment doc type would be) will send over the metadata like other Kinetic<->ECM documents.

The video is good, but it did leave out quite a bit of the setup and alignment of all the moving parts.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I was allowed to purchase it without ECM Forms, so I am assuming I don’t, but I will find out. I believe @MikeGross is correct, ECM is just storing the completed file. Yes we do have ECM, but I would think it should work with any document storage.

I think that is specific to Manufacturing 4.0 where Dynamic Documents can be used outside of that. In the help, it says they may expand it beyond operations. I think it could also be used for inspections instead of the Advanced Quality module.

Is there a way to export this collected data for analysis in Grow.com, PowerBI, or one of the new Fabric tools?

Excellent question!!

Looking Around The Rock GIF by WWE

I’m going to say no, but also yes - but this is still only a guess.

No, because the data in the fields is pushed as metadata to ECM, and of course that can be queried out to any other tools, but not inherently/natively as the tools don’t know how to parse the metadata fields in ECM.

Yes, because the demo collected data from a function meaning the data is available from inside Kinetic - albeit maybe only at a moment and not in perpetuity if it’s IoT data. but that can be done a different way.

I’d love to see this work for QA, but I’d hate to think I needed to push ALL of the QA data point fields into ECM as metadata. If it could use the MS Word Table structure and create a field group dataset in ECM, then maybe…

Why not create a function that also sends the data to a UD table? Then you would have all of the data in Epicor. :man_shrugging:

Right, exactly - completely depends on the actual source how it would be handled.

Good election year answer!

:rofl:

I’d like to know if the specifications for the pdf are published, where you could generate these without having to use word.

Or get a hold of one at least to examine.

No, you have to use Word. When you get the module, there is a bunch of set up and you have to download a Word add-in.

lying top gun GIF