Asynchronous Emails not agreeing with Sendgrid - bizzare attachment error

If I make a BPM that sends an email asynchronously I get the error:

Ice.BLException: {"errors":[{"message":"The attachments array, when used, must have at least one attachment.","field":"attachments","help":"http://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/Web_API_v3/Mail/errors.html#message.attachments"}]}
   at Ice.Lib.EmailSender.SendGrid.SendGridSender.SendCore(Object providerMessage) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.200.0\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\EmailSender\SendGrid\SendGridSender.cs:line 50
   at Ice.Lib.EmailSender.BaseEmailSender.Send(EmailMessage message, Func`1 attachmentHolderCreatorFunc, EmailOrigin origin, EmailSenderOptions options) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.200.0\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\EmailSender\BaseEmailSender.cs:line 91

But if I change it to synchronous, the error goes away. I’m bamboozled.

Anyone have ideas?

(Also Epicor support says "Changing the BPMs to use Sync is best option. In the past when this happens there is a BPM locking up the mailqueue. " Is that true? I thought async was better as your BPM would continue.

Does your email have attachments?

No. I don’t even know how to add an attachment to the email widget in a BPM.

It looks like a bug to me.

Were you able to reproduce it? Mind influencing the powers that be to get my case CS0003528261 turned into a problem record?

I can repro it. I don’t have powers but maybe @pferrington can do it

2 Likes

Evan this is what you do: you get a link to this thread, you call support and you say Patrick Ferrington and Olga said this is a bug and to submit it. Then they can see this link and know you are telling the truth :slight_smile: Please do no abuse the power of our names - well at least not Olga’s she’s too valuable to make cranky.

7 Likes

@Olga @pferrington

Thank you both. You guys carry Epicor on your shoulders. :raised_hands:

Someone high up at Epicor should ponder this fact: I always get faster and better service from Epicor Employees on a third party website than I do on the official platform from other Epicor Employees. :thinking: Too bad I don’t get a survey for your posts, you’d get 10 out of 10 stars.

Back to my issue… anyone have some black magic for getting a list of BPM’s that have a send email synchronous widget? (@josecgomez I feel like you had something like this… but maybe it was finding all BAQ’s that had a certain table?)

2 Likes

In all fairness Olga and I are cheating. We cherry pick where we can help, or in Olga’s case where she’s interested in the problem. That means we can avoid all the parts of the product we know nothing about.
Our support department does not have the joy of skipping the ones they cannot answer, they have to take on everything and their are firewalls in place to keep them from disrupting the dev process internally so their ability to go ask a developer is extremely limited.

3 Likes

Thanks for the perspective. I suppose it would be expensive to have support agents with some development/programming background.

This may be a bit lame, but until resolution I’d just consider attaching a single pixel image. It looks like the ICE / SendGrid integration for one call requires an attachment which isn’t being passed.