Bartender 2019: Printer doesn't print anything

I have an issue in Bartender 2019 where I have set up an integration file to detect any new files with *.bt extension, bartender successfully detects every new file, changes there extension to *.txt and stops.

Nothing Prints!!

Has anyone had the same issue before? If so, what is the solution?

Did you correctly setup printer?

When you are running the deployment in test what does the log say? If you take the .bt and load it into your format and do print preview any errors there from the label application?

@surendrapal, yes the printer is set up correctly.

@jgiese.wci, nothing shows up in Log actually, only in the history, it just redirects from the printer we tried to print on into another printer and then gives an error saying the printer couldn’t be accessed.

If you’re running the Integration on a server, check which username the Bartender system services are running under. The printer needs to be mapped for that user.

If the services are running as DOMAINNAME\BartenderUser then you need to log into the server itself, and map the printers you wish to use such \PRINTSERVER\LabelPrinter1. Do this in Devices and Printers.

We had an issue with 2019 not being compatible with the version of Windows we were running. We had to back down to 2016.

Oh dear… that means you’re using very old, unsupported and insecure operating systems. Eek! :grimacing:

1 Like

If this is the first time you have created an integration file on versions greater than pre bartender 2016 then make sure you have the input data format of the integration set to unstructured and not Print Command Script (I know that would be too intuitive). That was the issue I had when I first started working with Bartender 2016.

Hope that helps.

We just went back to bartender 2016 for now, thanks guys.