Bartender Integrations

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with BT Integrations?

I have setup how I think it should work. We have the .bt file from AutoPrint BPM and i’m renaming it to GenInv.txt and picking up in BT Integrations but each time it goes to print the data.

I noticed the btw file updates to the following Database Fields and not use the GenInv file.

It’s because above the table data is this information

%BTW% /AF="\\bartender\Labels\Shop7.btw" /D="<Trigger File Name>" /PRN="\\BARTENDER\PDF_LOCAL_TESTING" /DBTEXTHEADER=3 /R=3 /P 
%END%

How do I get around this? I cannot figure it out and I have researched it completely but no avail.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
Aaron

Epicor generates the file on auto print it has the extension .bt. Bartender Integration will read this file and print it. After printing it will give it a different extension as specified by you.

`/AF="\bartender\Labels\Shop7.btw" – This is the file that has the definition of the label as designed in Bartender and stored in the custom reports folder. BI will look at this place for the .btw file every time it prints the label.```

`This is setup in the Reports Style. Make sure the .btw file exists in this folder.```

``

BI will print it to the printer given here `/PRN="\BARTENDER\PDF_LOCAL_TESTING. This should be a valid printer defined in Epicor and installed on the server.```

``

.txt files are only used to design the label in Bartender Designer and saved with the .btw extension.

How do you tell on the template which fields are what?

This is done when you design the label in Bartender label Designer. The label is designed using the .txt file and the design is then saved as .btw. This btw stores the fields and maps them every time the trigger file with .bt is created by Epicor.

Got ya

When creating the label from the text file. The Label Designer always looks for the datasource file name

Generic Inventory6067806

How do you get around this?

I’m getting this

The following database fields are referenced by template objects but are not present in the database. Proceed with empty values for these fields?

_PartTran_TranQty
	_PartTran_PartNum
	_PartTran_WareHouseCode
	_PartTran_BinNum

Delete the first two lines and save it as txt. Close the file and then use it in the Bartender Designer.

First two lines are only needed by Integration and should be removed when used to design the label.

I did this but when I run the bt file through integration I get this

The following database fields are referenced by template objects but are not present in the database. Proceed with empty values for these fields?

_PartTran_TranQty
	_PartTran_PartNum
	_PartTran_WareHouseCode
	_PartTran_BinNum

I had the wrong variable set. It should of been %EventData%

Hi there, I had the exact same issue (error: The following database fields are referenced by template objects but are not present in the database. Proceed with empty values for these fields?) in my Integration.

My variable is %EventData% though, database connected in Designer and file is correct with the data in the csv format.

Any ideas where else can i look?

is that what you are getting when it prints out on the floor or only in designer?

This basically means the object that you see in the label designer screen do not have corresponding data fields in the text file generated by Epicor for this label.

it happens either when i’m testing the integration or printing to the floor.

But the text file does have the data fields with the field headers, basically first line is the print command, 2nd line is the field header (which is the same in designer) and 3rd line onwards is the data.

I’m about to have Epicor set up the generic integration here in a couple weeks. It’ll probably be too late to help you, but as soon as they do it I’ll send you samples of the labels and integration stuff.

It’s not just you struggling with this though Rick, if you search the forum lately there’s a quiet murmur of people having to modify the header because of newer versions of bartender.

I have found your post about the integration. Were you able to get it to work. I’m can’t get mine to print with Data on the label. Would you be so kind as to share you steps in your integration?

Thank you!

1 Like

Shanna, yeah I did manage to understand how to make the integration work with the standard Epicor approach. I don’t have all the steps written out. I would need to review everything and do that.

I’m not promising anything, but I can start to work on that maybe this week.

Thanks, Just screen shots might work. I have tried a million things and I just not quite there.

yeah Shanna, I would have to review everything to know what screenshots I actually need to provide so that it’s coherent and makes sense. If I am going to take the time to do it, I’m going to do it so that everyone can understand it.

Please allow me some time.

Respectfully,

Utah