BPM Boilerplate

After looking at @timshuwy post on BPM Versioning

I got to thinking it would be handy to be able to just have the ability to configure a base bpm template with the standard widgets you would use as a starting point for your BPMs For example a custom code widget that already has your comments and feature flag, debug flag capabilities already there. My thought on this is to help establish more consistency with regards to building BPMs.

I was thinking on the BPM design form you could have a dropdown to select your base widgets that you have created previously in the one or more boiler plates.

Iā€™m actually curious on how others manage this process currently.

Well, actually, I simply call up a previously created BPM, and select the widgets I want to includeā€¦ then I Copy them (Ctrl-C does this)ā€¦ then I go to create the new BPM, and the first thing I do is PASTEā€¦

One other trick I do when creating or modifying a BPM (Even in Dev account) is to create a widget at the start that is a CONDITION widgetā€¦ If current User = TShoemakerā€¦ if it is, i run the new logic, if not, then continue to run the old logic (or run nothing). This way, others are not affected by my development. I often copy this widget in as well.

Hadnā€™t considered copy and paste outside the scope of a BPMā€¦There you goā€¦Thanks @timshuwy

1 Like