BPM that checks for state of ship to address

Hello All,
Below are screenshots of my attempt to make a BPM that looks at the state of the ship to address and gives an informational message if the state is NY. I get a compilation error if I try to save.

Also, This Post does almost exactly what I want but I can not get the error message to go away when I try to follow what was done in the post.

Thank you!

Server Side Exception

There is at least one compilation error.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Description: There is at least one compilation error.
Details:
> Error CS0103: The name ‘NY’ does not exist in the current context [Update.Post.NYState.cs(122,51)]
> Error CS0103: The name ‘NY’ does not exist in the current context [Update.Post.NYState.cs(123,51)]
> Error CS0103: The name ‘NY’ does not exist in the current context [Update.Post.NYState.cs(167,49)]
> Error CS0103: The name ‘NY’ does not exist in the current context [Update.Post.NYState.cs(168,49)]
Program: Epicor.Customization.dll
Method: PrepareException
Line Number: 99
Column Number: 13
Server Trace Stack: at Epicor.Customization.Standard.CustomizationCompiler.PrepareException(CompilerErrorCollection errors) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.Customization\Standard\CustomizationCompiler.cs:line 99
at Epicor.Customization.Standard.CustomizationCompiler.Compile(BuildEnvironment input, String outputAssembly) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.Customization\Standard\CustomizationCompiler.cs:line 29
at Epicor.Customization.Standard.CustomizationBuilder.Process(CustomizationProject project) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.Customization\Standard\CustomizationBuilder.cs:line 78
at Ice.Services.BO.BpMethodSvc.AfterUpdate() in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Server\Services\BO\BpMethod\BpMethod.Events.cs:line 85
at Ice.Services.Trace.TablesetProfilingCollector.DoTablesetEventTrace(String tablesetName, String methodName, Action action) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Services\TablesetProfilingCollector.cs:line 200
at Ice.TablesetBound3.InnerUpdate(IceDataContext dataContext, TFullTableset tableset) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Services\TablesetBound.cs:line 814 at Ice.Services.BO.BpMethodSvc.Update(BpMethodTableset& ds) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Server\Services\BO\BpMethod\BpMethod.Designer.cs:line 835 at Ice.Services.BO.BpMethodSvcFacade.Update(BpMethodTableset& ds) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Server\Services\BO\BpMethod\BpMethodSvcFacade.cs:line 224 at SyncInvokeUpdate(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.InnerInvoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 59
at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 28 at Epicor.Hosting.Wcf.EpiOperationInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.17\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Wcf\EpiOperationInvoker.cs:line 23 at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(RequestContext request, Boolean cleanThread, OperationContext currentOperationContext) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(RequestContext request, OperationContext currentOperationContext) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.OnAsyncReceiveComplete(IAsyncResult result) at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result) at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelListener1.ReceiveItemAndVerifySecurityAsyncResult`2.InnerTryReceiveCompletedCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(Object state)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(Object state)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteRequest(Int32 result)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.CheckCompletionBeforeNextRead(Int32 bytes)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult transportResult)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.IOAsyncResult.OnAsyncIOComplete(Object state)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet dataSets)
at Ice.Proxy.BO.BpMethodImpl.Update(BpMethodDataSet ds)
at Ice.Adapters.BpMethodAdapter.OnUpdate()
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter.Update()
at Ice.UI.App.BpMethodEntry.Transactions.MainTransactionBase.adapterUpdate()

You need to make “NY” into a string.

1 Like

Thank you!

The message box pops up every time the orderhed is updated now but it only gives me the “Yes” message that the state is NY.
How do I get it to display the other message when it is not NY state?

To be honest, your BPM layout is very confusing and not intuitive, so I’m not entirely sure how to answer your question.
Typically, I would have a condition and return one path if the condition was met and another path if the condition was not met. Simplify this BPM and I’m sure you will have better luck.

Here is another observation: your queries are looking at the standard tables and not the temp tables in this BPM. The temp tables will hold context specific data about this record while the standard tables will simply query that table. You might want to change that.

1 Like

I changed the two orderhed to temp tables and it works perfectly now. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

No problem, I’m glad you were able to fix it!