BPM to close and complete jobs when packing slip is marked shipp

Run job closing routinely. With good labor rpt'g, material issues & receiving, it should be pretty painless.

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Tue 8/17/10 8:46 pm
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:Re: [Vantage] BPM to close and complete jobs when packing slip is marked shipped.

We are on version 9.04

The issue is not closing the order/lines/releases but closing the jobs related to these lines.

We don't use MES so the jobs have to be closed manually when we finish or when we ship.
Ephraim Feldman

-----Original Message-----
Sender: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:03:00
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] BPM to close and complete jobs when packing slip is marked shipped.

What version are you on (and what are you using for ship processing before passing off as shipped, ready for invoiced)?

I've never seen an ongoing issue (other than still unresolved bugs w/ split line/multirelease - not all shipped - NOT prematurely closing out lines on 8.03.305 thru 409a).

Other than that (and human error: often well intentioned 'short cuts'), orders/lines/releases pretty reliably get triggered to status Closed as they should.

????

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Mon 8/16/10 8:41 pm
Subj:[Vantage] BPM to close and complete jobs when packing slip is marked shipped.

Hi group,

When we put order release lines into a packing slip and mark it shipped we need then to go to all related jobs and close them.
I would like to make a BPM to automatically do that for me. But since I'm not so good at it (yet) maybe someone could help me with developing such BPM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If there are other ideas beside a BPM I would be ready to listen.

Thanks.
Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi group,

When we put order release lines into a packing slip and mark it shipped we need then to go to all related jobs and close them.
I would like to make a BPM to automatically do that for me. But since I'm not so good at it (yet) maybe someone could help me with developing such BPM.

Thanks.
Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman
What version are you on (and what are you using for ship processing before passing off as shipped, ready for invoiced)?

I've never seen an ongoing issue (other than still unresolved bugs w/ split line/multirelease - not all shipped - NOT prematurely closing out lines on 8.03.305 thru 409a).

Other than that (and human error: often well intentioned 'short cuts'), orders/lines/releases pretty reliably get triggered to status Closed as they should.

????

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Subj:[Vantage] BPM to close and complete jobs when packing slip is marked shipped.

Hi group,

Thanks.
Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman
We are on version 9.04

The issue is not closing the order/lines/releases but closing the jobs related to these lines.

We don't use MES so the jobs have to be closed manually when we finish or when we ship.
Ephraim Feldman

-----Original Message-----
Sender: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:03:00
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] BPM to close and complete jobs when packing slip is marked shipped.

????

Rob

--- Original Message ---

Hi group,

Thanks.
Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]