Cannot access this menu item: Report Style

I promise I’ll have harder questions down the road…

I’m trying to edit a report style and point it to ssrs but I’m unable to even open Report Style.

I get the following error

Cannot access this menu item: Report Style

and the inner exception message is below

Assembly Ice.UI.ReportEntry.dll can be found, but cannot be accessed.

Mr. Don: Sounds like your menu item might be messed up - if you cannot even get to the report style form.

You might want to check your menu maintenance to make sure that menu item 1. exists, 2. has security that allows you access, 3 is pointing to the proper dll.

here is what it should normally look like:

I checked all that, nothing seems out of place… Here are screenshots of the menu item detail and security.

Here is the security screen just in case… The menu structure Reporting > Report Styles is open to everyone who has access to system management and I have access to that.

The error message says that the file is found - but cannot be accessed.

You may want to try logging in as Manager, and/or check the AD security on that DLL file.

Are there any entries in the disallow access section?

Nope, it’s empty.

I tried manager, same error. I am able to create folders and files in the client folder where that dll resides. I gave myself full control to that specific file, still get the same error.

Just on a lark, try deleting the menu item (get copies of setting first!) and re-adding it to the menu. I have done that with Dashboards that have thrown the same error message.

Mark W.

Tried a second test menu that duplicated the settings, same error. Deleted the menu and put it back, same error…

Use file explorer to find the DLL on your client workstation. See if you can access the folder and file by viewing the detail properties.

1 Like

Looks like I do, see below

I checked the effective access with my user as well and all security had green check boxes showing I had access…

What does the General tab look like?

Did this just recently stop working?

Has a fix been applied to Report Style recently?

1 Like

We upgraded to 10.1 over the summer. I know it worked before then and I thought I’ve been in it seen the upgrade, but I’m not sure. A coworker can access it just fine. I duplicated his permissions as well and still get the error.

Does this occur on every workstation you try to launch this form or just this one machine?

Tried a couple terminal servers, I get this error on those as well

If the coworker who can access this successfully logs in from his/her machine into Epicor with your Epicor user, does it throw the same error or work successfully?
(basically, it is Windows user or Epicor user specific?)

I’m trying, they are actually at a different location. I believe I’m the only one with access here to the report styles menu option.