Changing column widths in a dashboard

We have a dashboard that is too wide. Most of the fields are too wide, and if we could just narrow many of these fields then the dashboard would fit into a more reasonable width. But, I can’t figure out how to do this.
I have opened the dashboard in the Dashboard screen. From there, I can shrink the individual columns and save, but when I open the dashboard the widths are unchanged. However, when I reopen the dashboard in the Dashboard screen it still remembers the new widths, even though the user can’t see them. I have tried clearing the client cache but that didn’t work either.
How do I get the column widths the change for the user?

I also tried changing the column widths directly in the dashboard and saving the layouts, but nobody else can see the changes I need and I need the column widths to be shrunk for all users.

Other users may need to use the “use defaults” (or “base” or whatever it’s called) after youve made the changes (and saved layouts) while in developer mode.

Is this intended to be a run-time or deployed?

You might need to deploy it, then customize it. The customization is just adjusting the column widths. Then choose that customization on the menu entry

Edit

Also try removing personalizations for the users

@Epicorus If you have done save layouts as default then saved and then deployed the dashboard. Make sure you are using the assembly and not the runtime on the menu and you may have to launch the menu in developer mode and delete any personalizations that have been done. i have also on occasion clear cache several time to get change to show.

I am lazy and use the Add favorite item which makes a menu entry at the bottom of process and just change the menu to where I want it and add it to my solution.

Greg

Thanks, it was already set up as an assembly, but I went through deployment after I saved with the new column widths and… well, the first time I started it up it threw some kind of exception which kinda looked like it wasn’t happy about a version change, but then came up with the updated column widths. I went back into menu maintenance and re-selected the dashboard and saved and that seems to have gotten rid of the exception.

@Epicorus good the hear. I have had users that won’t see the change the next day and some that I have to purge any personalizations to get it to show up. It truly is a mystery, but eventually all users get the changes.