Currency cannot be active unless Exchange Rate values have been entered on active Rate Type(s)

I have added a new currency to one of our companies and it is marked as a global currency. I have also updated the rate types but I continue to get the following error when trying to mark it as active. Any suggestions on what I may be missing would be appreciated. Epicor is not offering any help and tells me I need to hire a consultant.

Business Layer Exception

Currency cannot be active unless Exchange Rate values have been entered on active Rate Type(s).

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Correlation ID: 45de55b2-8035-4312-ae74-b267d91d21e6
Description: Currency cannot be active unless Exchange Rate values have been entered on active Rate Type(s).
Program: Erp.Services.BO.Currency.dll
Method: CurrencyBeforeUpdate
Line Number: 866
Column Number: 33

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Erp.Proxy.BO.CurrencyImpl.Update(CurrencyDataSet ds)
at Erp.Adapters.CurrencyAdapter.OnUpdate()
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter.Update()
at Erp.UI.App.CurrencyEntry.CurrencyTransaction.Currency_ColumnChanged(Object sender, DataColumnChangeEventArgs ea)

Just checked it out quick on my test system. I did this and it allowed me to make it active.

Currency Master - setup new currency code
Rate Type Entry - configure the mappings between all other existing currencies
Exchange Rate Entry - make sure you’ve got a valid rate for the new currency
Currency Master - make it active (untick Inactive)

2 Likes

You have to enter an Exchange rate for the date. That rate will then apply to all transactions after that date.

Vinay Kamboj