Is there a tutorial or documentation on setting up a new currency

I was wondering if there was a tutorial or documentation on how to set up a new currency within Epicor. If I understand correctly you must use multiple modules to accomplish this.

• Currency Master Maintence
  • Rate type
  • Exchange Rate Entry

Is there a step by step guide on doing this?

Not sure if there is a guide, but what you wrote is basically correct.

• Define the Currency in Currency Master
  • Define conversion rules between the new currency and existing currencies in Rate Type
  • Define actual exchange rates between new and existing currencies
  • Go back to Currency Master and Activate the currency
  • If this is a reporting currency use the Actions menu to add it
1 Like

When I try to activate it in currency master I am getting this:

Here is my Rate Type Maintenance:

Exchange rate Entry:

In Rate Type go to Conversion Rules/Matrix, there you have to make sure there are no undefined rules.

Also if you have more than one active Rate Type you need to update the rules in all of them.

Once all the conversions are defined, check the Rate type maintenance and activate the same.

This is how it looks for me.

Yes I have inactive unchecked for the rate type.

• Define the Currency in Currency Master
  • Define conversion rules between the new currency and existing currencies in Rate Type

At this stage status of both currency master and the rate type is “Inactive”

• Activate the “Rate type”

• Activate the “Currency Master”

What ERP version do you have?

How many active rate types do you have? Have you checked all of them?

I have 2 active rate types

also we are on version 10.2.400.9

And both have all conversion rules defined?

It could be a bug, if you still get the error after defining the rules in types CONV and MXN, can you try adding rules to CONV2 and making it active? Then if you can activate the currency go back and set is as Inactive

I was able to get it to work after adding a GL Control inside the currency master maintenance. I just wish there was documentation on this so I can learn how to actually use the functionality I just set up. Where would be a good place to test if I did this right? The exchange rate should be 0.045 but that isn’t what is showing here

Not sure why the GL Control was required to activate the currency, definitely sounds like a bug but don’t remember running into it before.

As for the screenshot, it is basically the reverse of your exchange rate.
So USD to MXN is 0.045
MXN to USD is 22.22 or 1/0.045