Customer with multiple divisions, brands, and plants

Adele,

Open the “Plant” customer in customer entry

Go to the Billing – Parent/Child screen and select the “Brand” customer in the Parent Cust ID

Open the “Brand” customer in customer entry

Go to the Billing – Parent/Child screen and select the “Division” customer in the Parent Cust ID field

Open the “Division” customer in customer entry

Go to the Billing – Parent/Child screen and select the “Corporate” customer in the Parent Cust Id field

Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Adele
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:51 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Customer with multiple divisions, brands, and plants

Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I started approaching it that way, however I couldn't figure out how to link them. What have you done to actually link multiple customers together in this fashion?

Thanks again,
Adele

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , "Linda Lowney" <llowney@...> wrote:
>
> Adele,
>
>
>
> We only use two levels, but I think you could setup each level as a customer then you could link the plant customer to a parent brand, the parent brand to the division and the division to the corporation.
>
>
>
> Hth,
>
> Linda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Adele
> Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:44 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Customer with multiple divisions, brands, and plants
>
>
>
>
>
> We are working on our implementation of Epicor 9. I have been struggling with how to manage our customers that have multiple divisions, brands, and plants. We usually work directly with the plants, so we want them setup as their own customer. However, we need to somehow be able to see what corporate company and division(s) they are part of (one plant could contain multiple divisions).
>
> Does anyone have customers with a similar layout? If so, how have you handled it in the Epicor system?
>
> Thanks!
> Adele
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are working on our implementation of Epicor 9. I have been struggling with how to manage our customers that have multiple divisions, brands, and plants. We usually work directly with the plants, so we want them setup as their own customer. However, we need to somehow be able to see what corporate company and division(s) they are part of (one plant could contain multiple divisions).

Does anyone have customers with a similar layout? If so, how have you handled it in the Epicor system?

Thanks!
Adele
Adele,

We only use two levels, but I think you could setup each level as a customer then you could link the plant customer to a parent brand, the parent brand to the division and the division to the corporation.

Hth,

Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Adele
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:44 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Customer with multiple divisions, brands, and plants

We are working on our implementation of Epicor 9. I have been struggling with how to manage our customers that have multiple divisions, brands, and plants. We usually work directly with the plants, so we want them setup as their own customer. However, we need to somehow be able to see what corporate company and division(s) they are part of (one plant could contain multiple divisions).

Does anyone have customers with a similar layout? If so, how have you handled it in the Epicor system?

Thanks!
Adele

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I started approaching it that way, however I couldn't figure out how to link them. What have you done to actually link multiple customers together in this fashion?

Thanks again,
Adele

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Lowney" <llowney@...> wrote:
>
> Adele,
>
>
>
> We only use two levels, but I think you could setup each level as a customer then you could link the plant customer to a parent brand, the parent brand to the division and the division to the corporation.
>
>
>
> Hth,
>
> Linda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Adele
> Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:44 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Customer with multiple divisions, brands, and plants
>
>
>
>
>
> We are working on our implementation of Epicor 9. I have been struggling with how to manage our customers that have multiple divisions, brands, and plants. We usually work directly with the plants, so we want them setup as their own customer. However, we need to somehow be able to see what corporate company and division(s) they are part of (one plant could contain multiple divisions).
>
> Does anyone have customers with a similar layout? If so, how have you handled it in the Epicor system?
>
> Thanks!
> Adele
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>