Dashboard View Rules not correctly translating to Kinetic

I have a calculated bit/boolean/checkbox field (“PrimecutSupport”) to indicate whether a customer has active support or not. In my classic dashboard I am using setting styles error and ok to highlight the customers with and without support (looks ugly in classic, looks nicer in Kinetic… when it works):

two view rules…

resulting in (Classic dashboard)…

But when I deploy to Kinetic dashboard app, all rows are getting marked “error”:

Looking in Application studio the Data Rules appear to have translated OK:

It appears the NotEqual true condition is always evaluating to true, so maybe I should be using some other constant than true, maybe treat it as 0 or 1 instead if true or false?

Secondary issue: I have defined multiple views for my dashboard, and some have different columns and different column orders. This all seems to get ignored when generating the Kinetic Dashboard, all column showe in the default (query) order.

Thanks,
Chris

OK using equals true and equals false (which I admit is cleaner) works. Still not clear on why the earlier rules didn’t…

FYI - you can apply different colour styles to rules with a bit of C# code, don’t have to be limited by the 6 or so standard choices.

That sounds interesting Mark, any pointers on where to look?

Try these couple of posts:

First one just explains that you use the wizard to create a normal rule, as you’ve already done. Pass it a different colour.

Second is to workaround an annoying popup you otherwise get in customisation mode.

1 Like

(Caveat: I’m new to Epicor and they’ve got us using the Kinetic interface; though dashboard creation is still classic. )

Thanks Mark, I took a look.

I can’t see where I would enter the custom code, the “wizard” I see is pretty basic; maybe I am in the wrong place?
I’m not even sure how to specify the constant for my Rule Value, ie double quotes, single quotes, no quotes… regardless, the rule I’ve put in here isn’t working. I’ve tried Contains instead of Equals also.
(I will next try doing it at application studio level by custom data rules there.)

If I did manage to define a custom style, I suspect the deployment of the Kinetic application (which is my end goal) will not honour it.