Dashbrd indicating part on hand qty < job requirement from BOM

Take a look at KanBan Monitor and/or KanBan Bin Monitor. It's not a time phase view but will high light part-warehouses (or partwhsebins) where requirements exceed on hand.

If it's 'too busy' or not quite right for your needs, the BAQ to drive a (simple) dashboard to meet your goals wouldn't be horrific. How simple depends upon yur needs. (Do you need a material requirement date fence, or limit it only to released jobs, etc.,)?

RobÂ

Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 4:03:50 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Dashbrd indicating part on hand qty < job requirement from BOM

Â
I would like to create a dashboard that will flag warehouse parts that have on hand quantities less than the current job material requirements indicate.

Currently I have a dashbrd that shows in grid#1 all parts with on hand qty and bin locations. Grid#2 lists all jobs that have that material requirement on its BOM. Grid2 shows the matl requirement and how much has currently been issued. Using this db one may scroll through parts on hand and quickly see what jobs are using what parts. For example, if I scroll to part number 10115, I will see it is used on jobs A, B and D. I may also see parts that are in stock but show no job assignments.

If I sum the matl requirements in Grid2, as I scroll through i can somewhat easily tell whether a part is going to have enough for production. In essence the DB is a celebrated time phased report. The only difference is that it lists all parts at once rather than one at a time. Of course, one would need to touch every part to see if there will be a problem.

I would like to alter this DB to indicate PROBLEM Parts. Is it possible to highlight the parts in Grid#1 that will fall below the matl requirements for that part? Or, only list the parts that will fall below the matl need? To do this one would need a total on matl requirements for multiple jobs including all subassembly sequences.

Is that possible? I consider this might need to be done at the BAQ level. What would the calulated field look like?

Or, is there already a dashboard that does this?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I would like to create a dashboard that will flag warehouse parts that have on hand quantities less than the current job material requirements indicate.

Currently I have a dashbrd that shows in grid#1 all parts with on hand qty and bin locations. Grid#2 lists all jobs that have that material requirement on its BOM. Grid2 shows the matl requirement and how much has currently been issued. Using this db one may scroll through parts on hand and quickly see what jobs are using what parts. For example, if I scroll to part number 10115, I will see it is used on jobs A, B and D. I may also see parts that are in stock but show no job assignments.

If I sum the matl requirements in Grid2, as I scroll through i can somewhat easily tell whether a part is going to have enough for production. In essence the DB is a celebrated time phased report. The only difference is that it lists all parts at once rather than one at a time. Of course, one would need to touch every part to see if there will be a problem.

I would like to alter this DB to indicate PROBLEM Parts. Is it possible to highlight the parts in Grid#1 that will fall below the matl requirements for that part? Or, only list the parts that will fall below the matl need? To do this one would need a total on matl requirements for multiple jobs including all subassembly sequences.

Is that possible? I consider this might need to be done at the BAQ level. What would the calulated field look like?

Or, is there already a dashboard that does this?