{Disarmed} Custom Field Map

The help on this provides some insight. If you don't use any custom fields, then you should not care about this. My understanding, someone correct me if I am wrong, is that if you have a custom field, and you want the data in the custom field to copy to a custom field in another table when the first table updates the second table, then you need to map the custom field to do that. For example, there is or are operation(s) that update the OrderDtl table from the DemandDetail table. If you have a custom field defined in the DemandDetail table and you want a corresponding field updated in the OrderDtl table, you need to map it in Custom Field Map.

Thom Rose
Controller
Electric Mirror, LLC
T 425 776-4946 ext. 1024
F 425 491-8200
A 11831 Beverly Park Road, Building D, Everett, WA 98204 USA
www.electricmirror.com<http://www.electricmirror.com/>
Note: The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachments, is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any reading, use or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at 425-776-4946 and delete this message from your system. Even though this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free, and no responsibility is accepted by Electric Mirror LLC for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. www.electricmirror.com<http://www.electricmirror.com>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jmpratt7
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:52 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: {Disarmed} [Vantage] Custom Field Map

Does anybody know why I should care about Vantage's Custom Field Map
maintenance screen? What is it good for?

Thanks,

Jim Pratt

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Does anybody know why I should care about Vantage's Custom Field Map
maintenance screen? What is it good for?

Thanks,

Jim Pratt