Drop Shipment a valid PO is required

This is why the validation fails, it thinks the packslip already has a line and you are changing to an invalid PO, not sure how that row got created but it should not be there.

Ok makes sense thanks. I will correct it thank you.

But why only this one PO? The OP said that entering other PONum’s wouldn’t generate the error.

I could see if that DropShipDtl record had the PONum = the PO in question. but the query was for records where PONum=0.

@MattSpotts - was there a value in the fields PackSlip or PackLine when you did that SQL Query??

You are right, I made a mistake in the query, it should be PurPoint instead of PONum

select * from DropShipDtl where VendorNum = 0 and PurPoint = ‘’ and PackSlip = ‘’ and Company = ‘TEST’

Basically the query uses the values from the received DropShipHead where RowMod is A or U and if it finds any lines with the same Vendor/PurPoint/PackSlip it will compare VendorNum and PurPoint against the PO.

No it appeared to be a completely new row with zeros and nulls. I deleted the row in the test environment and it worked so I duplicated in the live and now it worked. I believe PO or Purpoint would have worked in this scenario as it was a blank row. all ints were zero and all other feilds null. so I believe what was happening was it was comparing that line vendor to the vendor on the PO and returning that it was invalid because obvious something other than zero did not match zero

1 Like