DynamicQueryAdapter Compile Failed

Our test environment has been updated to Kinetic 2023.1 from 2022.2.11. All customizations using dynamic query adapter are failing to compile. These customizations were working perfectly fine in 2022.11, assembly references are present. Dynamicquery dll exists (in correct location) and is not disabled. Error message reads…

The type ‘Ice.Lib.Bpm.IDynamicQueryAdapter’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘Ice.Lib.Bpm.Shared, Version=4.2.300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=37a5ccb872c00aec’.

Any ideas?

add this assembly Ice.Lib.Bpm.Shared to references

1 Like

Thank you Olga. Thats worked.

I wonder why this happened.

Because of BPM designer for browser - common interfaces were shared between client and server and moved into shared assemblies. Looks like some of customization code requires this assembly to be added explicitly

1 Like

Hello Olga, I’m having the same issue. I added this line “using Ice.Lib.Bpm.Shared;” but it results on:
The type or namespace name ‘Bpm’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Ice.Lib’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)
What I’m doing wrong?

you need to add referenced assembly, not just using

Sorry, I’m not familiar with code customizations; how do I add them? I went to Tools - Assembly Reference Manager and it seems to be able to add nothing but custom references

Click on it and select all files to the righ of file name edit box?

1 Like

Thank you, I didn’t realize that it was showing only ERP.Adapters.