E10 Form EpiControl properties - EpiCustomValidator example code

I am not sure why you keep referring to “holistic” or what you mean by it… however,
Adding the UD Type to the Extended Properties just serves to automatically fill in the DropDown with the UD codes when you replace the standard Textbox with a drop-down as we suggested

For the extended property to work with the UD Code type you would need to define a drop down control (EpiCombo) box and bind it to the same field. I just tested this. In any case, that’s another method.

Instead, I am using the form properties method to reference the UD code type:

@asmar ,
Using the extended properties just automates that exact same thing… All it does is fill in those fields for you. But it is the exact same solution we have been proposing. Replacing the field with a dropdown that pulls from User Codes

I see that now.