E10 Ultragrid customize column order

Hi all,
Is it possible to customize ultragrid column order to make it the default customization?

Thanks!
Elvin

Not sure what you mean by that…

1 Like

Change the column orders and select Save Layouts

2 Likes

Oh duh! I thought if I do that it will create me a personalization instead. Turns out if I do it in developer mode it will save it in the customization.
Thanks!
E

1 Like

I wanted the changes to be saved in the customization instead of creating a personalization. Turns out if I just created the change in developer mode when the customization is open, it will do it.

Thanks for responding!
E

Coincidentally, it is Jose who taught me how to do this many moons ago. The circle of life.

1 Like

I had a request to unhide a column and change column order in our customized PO Tracker… I turned on Developer Mode, made the changes, Actions > Save Layout, then Actions > Customization, Then I tried to save it with the same name as before, so we wouldn’t have yet another customization, but Epicor squawked.

Is the only way to create a unique customization name, copy the revision notes from the old customization, and then delete the old customization? I supposed everyone will lose their personalizations regardless…

Edit - I think I found the error of my ways… Developer Mode On, Select the customization, Actions>Customization, then Hide/Unhide the grid columns in the customization & save it (as the same customization, no need to select a new name). Now you’re no longer customizing the form… Make the column order changes, then save layouts and it’ll stick.

There was no need for me to save a personalization, open the personalization in customization maintenance, and then try to save-as over the customization.

Might be a long way to achieve it but

private void SalesOrderForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs args)
{
EpiUltraGrid myGrid = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference(“016a6445-c595-4e2d-b626-e46287c58754”);
myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[“OrderRelNum”].Header.VisiblePosition = 0;
myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[“SellingReqQty”].Header.VisiblePosition = 1;
myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[“ReqDate”].Header.VisiblePosition = 2;
myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[“NeedByDate”].Header.VisiblePosition = 3;
myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[“Reference”].Header.VisiblePosition = 4;
}