E9: "Intercepting" Sales Order MemoHelper

Hi All,

We noticed that when creating a memo in Order Entry, the memo is related to which ever view is active (OrderHed, OrderDtl, or OrderRel).
I am trying to force all Memos to be associated with OrderHed, regardless of the active view.
I was able to create a method directive on Memo that forces the ReleatedTo field to equal “OrderHed”, which works well.
The only downside is that this creates issues with the BitFlag field because this is set from the UI, after the memo screen is closed, as opposed to a “database trigger” (Progress).
The BitFlag for the current view is set to indicate that Memos exist even though it does not.

I think that leaves me with a couple of choices. Shift the bit back to remove the hasMemo bit or intercept the call to the Memo Helper so that it thinks the calls are always from OrderHed.

Any feedback on either approach? It always takes me a while to comb through .Net Reflector so I thought I would poise the challenge here in case someone else tackled a similar task.

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191

addr: 37 Shuman Ave | Stoughton | Ma | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com
Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

[cid:c66d35.png@a87880d3.40bfadd1]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]