ECM AP Automation PO Invoices

I created a BAQ for my datalink to validate things, although this wasn’t necessary. As a result of how the LineItemsPO table gets populated in the PNP workflow, the records will match up organically because they are all from the same table, as far as I am aware. What isn’t part of this, for whatever reason, is the converted factor.

Victor that seems really odd. How can ECM know that field group rows came from RcvDtl table?

You’re telling me that somehow the field groups know what table they came from when a datalink that populated it could query any source?

It’s more directly related to this specific portion of the workflow, rather than a general statement, as this section of the workflow is interacting with the receipts for a PO. In order for the lines to be pulled into ECM, they would logically have to come from the Rcv_Dtl table as that is where this is information is stored in Epicor. This is only an estimate, though, because we unfortunately cannot actually verify how the integrated datalinks have been developed. With that being said, if you test them in the Admin panel you can at least see the results and with the method I developed for this I have never seen an issue in matching records.

2 Likes

I guess that’s great, my curiosity for the inner workings of how in the world it knows to associate the cost per code with the correct line on the foreign field group is what I would love to confidently know so I don’t leave it up to, “never seen it not work.” Which is totally acceptable in this case @vleveris cause it’s all we have to go off of.

I suppose it doesn’t exactly “know” so much as I am telling it what it should be. Since I am pulling the CostPerCode from the same table that the receipt lines are coming from, the order is also the same; that’s why the Set Field Group task works as both the CostPerCode and the LineItemsPO table are in the same order. It’s definitely not a science, it’s more of an art… and I am no artist lol

So you do think that both field groups need to be in the same order for it to work?

Yes. Fortunately, for this application they are in the same order. As per my other post, I am having issues comparing two field groups because they are not in the same order and I cannot determine a method for automating that sorting necessity.

1 Like

This is a feature we should request. Let’s not leave it to sorting… Maybe they can make a task that’s called “join…”

That name is already taken :rofl:. But there are ways around all the datalinks, create loops and datalinks with a From fieldgroup. I believe I used an advanced math to populate the cost per code. Not sure if it is better than anything anyone else posted.