EDA End User Feedback / Demo

Hello,
We are considering buying EDA and or other BI solution for Epicor and would love to get some feedback from end users. Maybe even an end user demo of how they are using the solution?

We’ve gotten demos from Epicor / Phocas but I’d like to hear from a user/ end user on their thoughts.

Qlik is worth looking at if you haven’t already. It’s very powerful when it comes to creating / presenting data visualizations, and not terribly difficult for people to learn. Usually a developer like you would write the queries to pull data from Epicor into a Qlik “data model”, and then your company’s financial/executive/business people should be able to handle the Qlik side of things.

1 Like

Thanks tom, we are looking for an out of the Box solution we don’t want to develop our own basic dashboards and reports, we want a turn key solution we can enhance as needed. But out of the box we expect to be 99.% of the way there.

1 Like

I know you want EDA - We went w/ PowerBI since we already had in-house PowerBI talent and it works well with other things beyond Epicor - works well with our Azure Data Warehouse among other things… Another option.

@MikeGross I believe uses EDA.

2 Likes

I use EDA.
@josecgomez Id be happy to show you what we have and whats out of the box.
we also use Power BI for some things too.

2 Likes

I’m very curious about this as well. It would be interesting to know if the real customer experience matched how EDA is presented.

We need better access to data and the ability to do trending in many areas. I really don’t want to be on the hook to maintain a data warehouse, nor to build a bunch of views across our departments. However, there are some good tools out there to help with this. If EDA isn’t as seamless as advertised, then maybe going it alone is worth it.

@josecgomez @elfrykman
You guys want to do a group demo? You can take a look at our system - front and back end stuff - and have a Q&A with @Craig and I… ?

NOTE - I also just learned that the licensing has been simplified to the point where you pay for your user count and you get all the modules for free, so if you’re using HCM and ERP you can have it all including Financial statements and Budgeting too!! We just saw the updated demo last Thursday and got a new quote for EDA - when I asked about modules my CAM said they were included… So it’s probably true :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We use Power BI AND EDA.

I went with BI to display Live/Historical production data because I liked how easy it was to get at/transform the Epicor data, and the widget cusomization is powerful.

Recently, management went with EDA strictly for out the of the box financial information, which they really like.

They now want to phase out BI and get all of our current production data dashboards translated into EDA.

I haven’t taken a full run at this yet, but on the surface, EDA seems deficient in the ‘ease of data access/transformation’ department. It doesn’t seem like it is intended to have dashboards that are meant to be refreshed in intervals <15 minutes.

Wouldn’t you use EDD for that? I’ve always been told the rule of thumb is EDA is for larger trends and data roll ups, EDD (or equivalent) is for tactical KPI displays. Unless something has changed with the data pull timing from EDA, I’m not sure if you’ll be able to really get what you’re after.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

I guess. I am hoping EDA is a more versatile/robust BI tool.

EDD is painfully limited in basically every aspect.

I’m also in!

im available 9/8 after noon est
or anytime 9/10
i can create a teams meeting unless you have a different meeting tool you prefer.

ok, we’re working on some available times…
@Craig - Ok, let me hear back from Jose and we’ll figure something out. Thanks!

1 Like

Throw me in too – your time works… Id love to see EDA. I am sold on PowerBI, but there may be cool things EDA can handle easier.

Please let me know too of what time you are doing the demo.

+1

Looks like tomorrow afternoon is the best so far. I’ve made this for 3pm EST so folks across the country can have a chance (whomever finds this post :slight_smile: ) We used Teams last time and it seemed to work well, so hopefully there won’t be any issues.

All are welcome! Looks like @Craig and I will be tag-teaming any questions/demo stuff you want to see.

**If anyone has another system and would like to create a backup meeting just in case, please do and post it here. We will use it after 5 minutes if Teams is not working for some reason.**

Join the Microsoft Teams meeting Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only) +1 276-266-8555,107659153# United States, Danville
Phone Conference ID: 107 659 153#

@josecgomez @utaylor @Craig @elfrykman @hackaphreaka

8 Likes

Great! Looking forward to it!

Here’s Zoom Info @MikeGross (as a backup)

Jose Gomez is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 954 8968 0977
Passcode: 517639
One tap mobile
+13017158592,95489680977# US (Washington DC)
+16699006833,95489680977# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 954 8968 0977
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom
Join by SIP
95489680977@zoomcrc.com
Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)