EDI 810 Invoice Customers with an AltBillto does not set EDIReady

We are using a data directive to generate a file that we send to our VAN. It uses a condition to check the value of the InvcHead.EDIReady field, then runs some custom code to generate the delimited file based on rules setup in the UD03 table. To get the EDIReady field to set true the Auto Invoice / ERS Order checkbox in the Billing/Detail Tab of Customer Entry needs to be enabled. An outbound document of invoice needs to be also setup with a value in the Alt Trading partner field.

Following the value of the OrderHead.EDIReady, ShipHead.EDIReady and the InvcHead.EDIReady flag. I can see that the EDIReady is only set to true in the InvcHead table once the order has been shipped.

I’v found that if a customer has an alternate Bill To setup, the InvcHead.EDIReady flag is not set to true. What I see in the custnum of the failed invoice is the custnum of the alternate billto customer, which is expected, working invoices have the custnum of the base custnum.

What I don’t get is if I setup the customer that is the AltBill to with all of the EDI settings it still does not set the EDIReady flag to true.

Am I doing something wrong, a configuration perhaps, or is this a potential undocumented feature?

Simon, wow am I glad this post is yours! I was literally typing up a post and that handy dandy feature that pops up related posts brought me here.

do you know by chance, at what point in the posting process the EDIReady gets changed to true?

Is it always after it posts?

If I recall correctly. The field is not shown on the order entry screen and the customer shipment screen.

There are a couple of conditions that make it true

For orders
The order is processed through demand management
The related document exists on the customers document record along with an alt trading partner id and the document is set to auto.

For Shipments
There needs to be an ASN document on the customer record, as well as an alt trading partner id and the document is set to auto.

I believe there is an EDI/demand management course that may be kicking around Epicweb they may help.