Epicor 9 Payroll Module

We've used it for a number of years with very little problems. The only problem I can think of is the format of the W2 text file to be electronically filed with our state. The state total record needs to be entered manually. Also, our state's software checks the date of first hire and termination date for correct syntax (don't ask me why the state needs that info!). In Vantage at least, I haven't checked Epicor 9 yet, those dates are stored as MMDDYY. The federal guide shows the syntax should be MMDDYYYY. As we only have a little over a hundred employees it hasn't been a big deal to modify the dates manually using Notepad in order to keep our state happy. One thing on our enhancement wish list is for the payroll check to be a Crystal report so we can modify it. All the prep time for payroll that would need to be done whether payroll is in house or outsourced is the same. Once all the prep work is done it takes very little time to actually process the payroll. Vantage payroll works well for us.

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Tonoyan" <mtonoyan@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>
>
> We are considering using Epicor Payroll module vs. outsourcing it to
> well known three letter payroll services company. How many companies use
> Epicor Payroll module and what is your opinion?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
>
>
> Mike Tonoyan / Natel EMS
>
> mtonoyan@...
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Notice: This email transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure to/by any other person(s) is strictly prohibited. By accepting this information, recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR and EAR requirements.
> ______________________________________________________________________
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hi all,

Is it possible to set a Named Search as the default Search for an entire company (for a particular search form i.e. Quote Line Search) ? By all appearances it seems to be a personalization and I would need to install the change manually for each user.
I havent found a way to set it otherwise.

Any ideas ?

Thank you,
Dave Beberman
IT Business Analyst
Ferguson Perforating
Providence RI
dbeberman@...
if i understand, go to company config, system tab and add your url to enterprise search

motty

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "davidbeberman" <dbeberman@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to set a Named Search as the default Search for an entire company (for a particular search form i.e. Quote Line Search) ? By all appearances it seems to be a personalization and I would need to install the change manually for each user.
> I havent found a way to set it otherwise.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thank you,
> Dave Beberman
> IT Business Analyst
> Ferguson Perforating
> Providence RI
> dbeberman@...
>
Hello,

We are considering using Epicor Payroll module vs. outsourcing it to
well known three letter payroll services company. How many companies use
Epicor Payroll module and what is your opinion?

Thank you in advance.

Mike Tonoyan / Natel EMS

mtonoyan@...

Notice: This email transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure to/by any other person(s) is strictly prohibited. By accepting this information, recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR and EAR requirements.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thank you for the reply, let me make myself (I hope) clearer:

In the Opportunity/Quote Entry program after bringing up an existing quote, there's the ability to copy existing quote lines into the quote.

[cid:image005.jpg@01CD11B9.3AB9CED0]

Clicking the Select Lines... button brings up

[cid:image006.jpg@01CD11B9.3AB9CED0]

The Named Search I created FPUpdatedDefaults differs from the base Search by having the Expired Field defaulting to <All> instead of No.

It's this Named Search I wish to have all users have as there default Quote Line Search without creating Personalizations one-by-one for each login.

Thanks again,
Dave

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mordechai
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:11 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: V9 Search question

if i understand, go to company config, system tab and add your url to enterprise search

motty

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "davidbeberman" <dbeberman@...<mailto:dbeberman@...>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to set a Named Search as the default Search for an entire company (for a particular search form i.e. Quote Line Search) ? By all appearances it seems to be a personalization and I would need to install the change manually for each user.
> I havent found a way to set it otherwise.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thank you,
> Dave Beberman
> IT Business Analyst
> Ferguson Perforating
> Providence RI
> dbeberman@...
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We've used it for several years with no issue. I know plenty of others that
do as well.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Mike Tonoyan <mtonoyan@...> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Hello,
>
> We are considering using Epicor Payroll module vs. outsourcing it to
> well known three letter payroll services company. How many companies use
> Epicor Payroll module and what is your opinion?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Mike Tonoyan / Natel EMS
>
> mtonoyan@...
>
> __________________________________________________________
> Notice: This email transmission may contain confidential information and
> is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure
> to/by any other person(s) is strictly prohibited. By accepting this
> information, recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with
> all applicable ITAR and EAR requirements.
> __________________________________________________________
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

--
*John Driggers*
*High End Dev, System Design, Profit Drinking*
**:: 904.404.9233*
*:: waffqle@...*
*:: NO FAXES*