Epicor Ideas POLL: New Feature question for new SALEABLE flag on parts

In our roadmap for 2024.1 :safe_harbor: we are adding a new field to the Part table called “saleable”. This field allows users to define if a part is allowed to be sold to customers (Yes… there are some companies that have parts that are for internal use only, and not saleable). This is part of Epicor Idea called KNTC-I-3148: Create new Saleable field in the Part table (please vote if this is something you appreciate/want).

The feature has THREE options at the part level:

1. Saleable
  2. Not saleable (throw an error if used on a sales order or quote)
  3. Not Saleable Warning (Thow a warning if part is used)

We have a simple single question Saleable Survey to help us define what that warning message should say. If you care, please make your opinion known.

6 Likes

And this is a superset of the Web Saleable flag?

yes… but separate… in theory, someone could have it not saleable internally, but web saleable (not logical, but we are not tying the two together.)
Web Saleable allows the part to be pushed to Epicor Commerce.
Saleable allows the part to be sold on an internal sales order.

I have had multiple customers who added this as a ud field. They had internal parts that were for internal use only (not even spare parts) and others that were only saleable as a spare. One customer had a patented extrusion that they used to manufacture doors with. They didn’t want anyone to be able to purchase the extrusion by itself and make doors (even though they sold other extrusions all the time). so that special extrusion was “not saleable” but other extrusions were.

i would like to expand on this functionality as well is there a way to identify what are spare saleable parts.

I’m one of those who has created a UD Field for this function. Not implemented yet, but I was going down this rabbit hole in our Pilot environment. If this may become a standard feature, I will hold off on my experimenting.

3 Likes

I would set up as stop or warning.
Place an override to allow this…

There will be times that you want to put the part on a sales order.
Maybe drive this functionality using the pricelist functions vs the part function.
Will this be part level or site level?

Us too, and a lot of logic based on it. I’d be glad to see it OOB but wouldn’t be too worried either way.

1 Like

We have added it to the part level, not the site level. We also made it an option to either be a warning or an error, and this can be different by part.

Would be helpful also at that part class.
Forexample - Raw material.

1 Like

that could be an Epicor Idea to see how many are interested in it.

We would absolutely use this feature!

1 Like

I agree it would be helpful at the part class.

Interesting concept of “Spare Saleable”… my former employer had parts that were only allowed to be sold by the “parts” department during service, but for NEW orders, the same parts were not available. BUT those parts were components in our final assemblies.
In that case, (back in the olden days) we created TWO part numbers… one that was a spare, and one that was a material. NOTE that I do NOT support this idea.
BUT i do see how you could use this saleable feature that we are adding, and put a special BPM in that looks at the order type (product group?) (is this a SPARE PARTS order or a regular “new” order)… then if the part has a warning, and the order type is a new order, then you could have the BPM reject the new part. there are all sorts of directions that this could be taken… but right now, we dont have something called “order type” that is built in.

Saleable flag would definitely be a good field. I like the idea of the flagged on sales order entry, this would prevent picking the wrong part and it would force people to maintain this field.

This would be really beneficial when creating BAQ’s to find only finished goods sold to customers vs subassembly manufactured parts that may not be sold. Currently I use the Sale Unit Price on part master for the filter for this because in our processes only parts sold to customers should have a Sales Unit Price. However, there are times when this fields isn’t maintained properly on some parts.