Epicor Web Access (EWA) - can login but no companies

George,

That's exactly what is happening. Would be great if you can talk to the person who played with your system to see if they have any hints.

I have set the user options to allow Epicor web access and web access is set to available in the menu maintenance.

Brett

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pcivantage" <vantagegroup@...> wrote:
>
> We had that happen also, if understand you correctly. You login, and then you see the Epicor banner and frames but they are blank, no tree or menus?
> We played with permissions on the web site and got it to come back. Not sure if it was just a time delay thing or what, but worked. I will try to ask the guy who actually played with it to see if he remembers anything.
>
> Regards,
>
> George Hicks
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brettmanners" <bmanners@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just joined this group and it looks like a really good resource for learning about Epicor/Vantage.
> >
> > I am trying to setup web access to Epicor and have got most of the way there... I can log into epicor via the web interface but there are no companies in the main menu? the user has been given Epicor Web Access. I have set the company Epicor Everywhere url and metadata paths to "http://<servername>/EpicorWebAccess" and "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorWebAccess". where <servername> is our actual server.
> >
> > Not sure what else needs to be done? any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Brett
> >
>
Hi all,

I just joined this group and it looks like a really good resource for learning about Epicor/Vantage.

I am trying to setup web access to Epicor and have got most of the way there... I can log into epicor via the web interface but there are no companies in the main menu? the user has been given Epicor Web Access. I have set the company Epicor Everywhere url and metadata paths to "http://<servername>/EpicorWebAccess" and "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorWebAccess". where <servername> is our actual server.

Not sure what else needs to be done? any suggestions?

Thanks
Brett
We had that happen also, if understand you correctly. You login, and then you see the Epicor banner and frames but they are blank, no tree or menus?
We played with permissions on the web site and got it to come back. Not sure if it was just a time delay thing or what, but worked. I will try to ask the guy who actually played with it to see if he remembers anything.

Regards,

George Hicks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brettmanners" <bmanners@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just joined this group and it looks like a really good resource for learning about Epicor/Vantage.
>
> I am trying to setup web access to Epicor and have got most of the way there... I can log into epicor via the web interface but there are no companies in the main menu? the user has been given Epicor Web Access. I have set the company Epicor Everywhere url and metadata paths to "http://<servername>/EpicorWebAccess" and "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorWebAccess". where <servername> is our actual server.
>
> Not sure what else needs to be done? any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Brett
>
If this is a new install, check your licenses. If you don't have any
modules enabled, you'll see something similar.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM, pcivantage <vantagegroup@...>wrote:

> **
>
>
> We had that happen also, if understand you correctly. You login, and then
> you see the Epicor banner and frames but they are blank, no tree or menus?
> We played with permissions on the web site and got it to come back. Not
> sure if it was just a time delay thing or what, but worked. I will try to
> ask the guy who actually played with it to see if he remembers anything.
>
> Regards,
>
> George Hicks
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brettmanners" <bmanners@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just joined this group and it looks like a really good resource for
> learning about Epicor/Vantage.
> >
> > I am trying to setup web access to Epicor and have got most of the way
> there... I can log into epicor via the web interface but there are no
> companies in the main menu? the user has been given Epicor Web Access. I
> have set the company Epicor Everywhere url and metadata paths to "http://<servername>/EpicorWebAccess"
> and "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorWebAccess". where <servername> is our actual
> server.
> >
> > Not sure what else needs to be done? any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Brett
> >
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Brett,
Is 'Allow Epicor Web Access' enabled for the user you are logging in as? It's in User Account Maint > Options > Access Options section.

If that isn't it, check Menu Maintenance and make sure the Main Menu node, nor any other nodes have 'Exclude Epicor Web Access'

We have EWA and we did not have this problem when setting it up, so I'm guessing here.

-Rick Bird
IT Software Administrator
Rowmark, LLC.
9.05.700B2

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "brettmanners" <bmanners@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just joined this group and it looks like a really good resource for learning about Epicor/Vantage.
>
> I am trying to setup web access to Epicor and have got most of the way there... I can log into epicor via the web interface but there are no companies in the main menu? the user has been given Epicor Web Access. I have set the company Epicor Everywhere url and metadata paths to "http://<servername>/EpicorWebAccess" and "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorWebAccess". where <servername> is our actual server.
>
> Not sure what else needs to be done? any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Brett
>