Error Copying to Excel

Brilliant piece of investigative work - this is what I imagine I will get when raising a ticket with support… all I had so far was it’ll be fixed in 3.2.vNext+2.

To top it off, they closed my ticket today! I don’t like the fact the ticket gets closed out, but the PRB record stays open. I raised a case, why can’t it stay open until the case is solved.

4 Likes

I find myself surrounded by nerds…and I love it! Nice sleuthing everyone!

1 Like

5 Likes

Jose, do you think all of those options in the registry export you attached are necessary? Or would it be just the key at the bottom: DisableMergeInstance

I’m making that guess based on all of the other keys are already present in the registry on my machine, which suffers from this affliction currently.

No, you only need the DisableMergeInstance one. Is the one I pasted.

Is there someone on 10.1.600.18-.21 that is willing to be an official tester of a potential fix for this issue? Only need one brave person to apply a hot-fix and test.

CONDITIONS:

• You really need to be on a 10.1.600.18-.21 release–test environment is fine (and preferred).
  • You need to be able to duplicate the “copy to excel” issue.

SWEETENERS:

• You’ll get one of my coveted gold stars
  • And more importantly, thanks from a grateful Epicor ERP community.

Just reply back to this post and I’ll send you the instructions on how to test.

1 Like

I’m upgrading mine Test environment to 21, once I’m done I’d be glad to test it for you. I’m current at .3 but upgrading as we speak.

1 Like

wow… like you need another gold star.

2 Likes

bahaha well we need to upgrade anyways LoL…

1 Like

I’m on 21. Testing the above and have not had an issue with Excel. I’ve opened the entire office crew to testing this out as the excel problem has been an issue.

So i have tried this fix on few PCs, and it was all great until one of the users had to copy formulas from one excel sheet into another and it wouldnt work. Only would copy the static value and no formulas.
Fingers crossed there is better solution coming soon

This fix has nothing to do with formulas… Not sure what else you ran into… But it’s a single flag that says don’t merge excel

it only started when i added the fix, and formulas started to work ok as soon as i removed the key from the registry. Have tried it on multiple pcs as well

You only added this key right?

I found the link below that says the following:

Do you have the two workbooks open in separate instances of Excel? To paste formulas, you need both workbooks open in the same instance.

2 Likes

Oh I see you can’t copy formulas between individual excel instances… When I tested it I tried from workbook to workbook… Makes sense

2 Likes

I have noticed simlar behaviour when trying to open excel files from the PCC…No error message just that the spreadsheet never opens if you have another spreadsheet already open.

Nice pickup everyone. E10Help in action!

1 Like

Good to know, that i am not going crazy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops! We did our own search and found similar things. Next time i’ll try to come and check.

1 Like

@josecgomez and @Jonathan_Lang, thank you for willingness to complete some testing for us regarding this issue. Per our agreement, you each get a gold star :slight_smile:

1 Like