Error while update customer or create new customer with API Rest

Hi teachers,

i have the problem in the moment of try update or create a customer, you have an example for guide me

Beforehand thank you very much

Do you have any code for us to look at or an error? Pretty tough to say without any detail provided

off course,

I have a method that receives an entity with the custNum field, to do the getByID

I update the tableset that the GetByID returns with the information I need

when I run the update parameter, I send the modified data to an entity of the CustomerTableset type

this is message for update customer.

Are you able to make the same request via postman? That error message makes me think something on the service itself limiting the size of the packet but I can’t imagine it’s that large…hmm

Is your iis log for that application server showing a 413 error?

Alternatively, this might be a setting within your application. That’s why I recommend testing the call on postman

Agreed on the size line of thinking. What’s the request length?

In the postman its ok

Ok so that tells me there’s something in your application limiting the size of the content allowed to be posted. Are you calling the Epicor API directly or are you calling an internal API?

Epicor API directly

Length: 1948410

What’s the full stack trace?

StatusCode: 413, ReasonPhrase: ‘Request Entity Too Large’, Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
Connection: close
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 15:52:36 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Content-Length: 67
Content-Type: text/html
}}

The stack trace?

never enters the exception, that is the response of the request

Hi,
change the uploadReadAheadSize to 2147483647 and the error message changes to Internal server error

{Method: POST, RequestUri: ‘https:///api/v1/Erp.BO.CustomerSvc/Update’, Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.ObjectContent`1[[System.Object, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]], Headers:
{
Authorization: Basic c3F1aW50ZXJvO
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 11879
}}

Hi,

The problem not his in te method, the problem is the customer, i try with other and all ok

I know this is old, but I just ran across a similar issue on an older 10.1.500 version. In my case, https was not bound to 443 in IIS.

Where did you change this setting? I am having the same error returned when trying to update a job, no related error in the event viewer either.