Filter bit fields with tracker in dashboard

If you use check boxes label them (Both/True/False) to help remind users the 3 states.

That is what I have done and the users are OK with this.

Patrick Winter

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 08:07
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: filter bit fields with tracker in dashboard

Epicor Support explained to me that using checkboxes as Tracker View search prompts doesn't work well since checkboxes support three states vs just two.  Their recommendation was to create a calculated field that showed string values of 'true' or 'false' based on the original logical value.  Then create a search prompt field based on that calculated field.  I will usually display the original logical field and not the calculated field in the grid so the checkboxes are displayed but then create the search prompt based on the calculated field.

Bob Beaghan

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.   ­­  
Hi,

Here's the setup. I am looking for null fields in a table. I created a calculated bit field in the BAQ. It shows a checked box (true) when there is something in the field, unchecked (false) when there is a null value. I bring the BAQ into a dashboard and the check boxes display how they are supposed to the grid field. Then I add a tracker view because I want to be able to display checked or not as the user desires. When I use the tracker to filter, it won't display any results, checked or unchecked. I can use the developer grid filter for true/false and that works as expected. I like the tracker view better than the grid filters and would like to use that for ease of use.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong, or anything special you have to do to make the tracker view work with check boxes?

Thanks,
Brandon
Epicor Support explained to me that using checkboxes as Tracker View search prompts doesn't work well since checkboxes support three states vs just two.  Their recommendation was to create a calculated field that showed string values of 'true' or 'false' based on the original logical value.  Then create a search prompt field based on that calculated field.  I will usually display the original logical field and not the calculated field in the grid so the checkboxes are displayed but then create the search prompt based on the calculated field.

Bob Beaghan

OK. that makes sense. Thanks.