Filtering unused Reason Codes

Have you tried SQL’s IN function?

CodeTypeID='ORD_SOURCE' AND CodeID IN('001','002')

Can you make a BAQ then use a BAQ Combo?

Thanks for jumping in, Randy. Actually, I did make a BAQ for this purpose, but couldn’t figure out how to configure it properly.

Do you mean you couldn’t configure the BAQ or get the BAQ Combo to work? Edit: Just did a quick demo as it’s been awhile since I used a BAQCombo. :slight_smile:

Settings for BAQ Combo on form:

BAQ:

O.K. Let’s take a closer look. But it’s important to understand that I couldn’t find documentation or examples for how to use the EpiBAQCombo, so it’s pretty much a best guess situation. Here’s the BAQ:
select
[UDCodes].[CodeDesc] as [UDCodes_CodeDesc]
from Ice.UDCodeType as UDCodeType
inner join Ice.UDCodes as UDCodes on
UDCodeType.Company = UDCodes.Company
and UDCodeType.CodeTypeID = UDCodes.CodeTypeID
where (UDCodeType.CodeTypeID = ‘ORD_SOURCE’)
order by UDCodes.LongDesc

It certainly doesn’t have to be User Codes. My objective is to have the drop-down show five options, preferably storing a code (Value Member) but showing a description (Display Member). The catch is to have the initial value set to one that is NOT on this list, and that would be “Select One…”.

I will give your example a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your assistance, Randy. I do believe this is working nicely now.

So, the take-away lesson here is that I would use a standard EpiCombo if I’m okay with the first option being unpredictable (don’t forget my EpiSort didn’t work), and the BAQCombo is good for when you want to have more control over what is displayed, and have NO option displayed when the screen initially loads.

1 Like

Have you had any luck getting this to work in 2022.1.3? Nothing happens when I created the BPM and tried to look up rework reason codes.

Have you been able to get this to work on 2022.1.3 its not hiding anything when I changed the R (Rework) reason code and alter where to match our reason code description?

I’m not on that version, but I don’t believe the core product for BPMs has changed from Epicor 10 to Kinetic outside of the UI stack. Share your code and process if you want to get some help :slight_smile:

export.bpm (12.3 KB)
Here is the BPM that I was using. I also tried putting in a condition on a different test to only filter on the Rework reason code. What we are wanting to accomplish is hid reason codes with ZZ in front of the description since they are no longer used.

FYI exporting the BPM is not really the preferred way, usually screenshots of the code or pasting your formatted code is the way. I’m certainly not going to import it into my environment

Okay, my bad. Here is a picture of the code. Not too different than what your picture had.

Coool, is the BPM enabled?
The other thing to check is you might need to have the same exact BPM on GetRows too

Have you tried running the BL tester to see if your where clause works there? Sometimes it’s easier separate the parts of the problem to troubleshoot.

I made sure the BPM was enabled and created a BPM for GetRows and that brought all the reason codes in when searching for a specific reason code. I have tried to filter by specific Reason code but that does nothing.

Not sure what BL tester is?

Business Logic Tester

Will this work for a cloud environment?

That is a good question, you could try, not sure it is supported though. If you have the rich/fat client installed on your pc, when you go to configure the BL Tester you can get the application URI information from your config.sys found in the client directory.

Yes.

2 Likes