Form to Use: Kinetic

Hi all,
Despite having my preferences set to “Kinetic” and clearing cache in 2021.21, the AP Payment Entry page always shows the classic version when I navigate to it. Is there some other place to make the change so everything defaults to Kinetic? Its almost like once I choose “classic” it comes up everytime despite changing settings.

Thanks
Pete

1 Like

Do you have a customization applied to that form? With some of our forms with customizations, they will only load in Classic, unless we remove the existing customization and recreate the customization in App Studio. Have you tried to access the module from the web browser?

Thanks Brian - We did not customize this page. It definitely has a URL but I see the “Form to Use” shows “Classic”. Does this override user preferences where we have Kinetic set? I didn’t set that myself.

In terms of web access we all use the installed version, and don’t use web access.

Change the form to use to “User Choice” then close Epicor and restart and see if you get the Kinetic form on the next load.

Thanks Brian - At least now it gives me banner at the top to change if I want to.

Guess we will need to evaluate all of the pages in Menu Maintenance? How did you guys handle it?

Thanks
Pete

There is a new program called Kinetic Application Maintenance. You can turn Kinetic screens on or off using this program. Because we are in testing mode yet, I went and turned all of the on with the option to override.

Also, If you snoozed a Kinetic screen banner at the top of a classic form it goes away for a preset number of days. I think it is like 10 days or so.

If you bring up a Classic screen you can go into the Tools > Options screen to see how the form is set to come up. If you launch a screen with the ALT key pressed it will bring you to the options screen directly and you can change the form mode while it is launching.

Learning all kinds of little things, lots to go yet…

1 Like

Thanks Brad

It seems to me that if the Page itself is set to “User Choice”, the user preferences are set to “User Choice”, and the “Options” screen is set to “User Choice” the Classic screen will always default to display when a user opens it

I guess the Kinetic Application Maintenance page just allows you to use the UI if you decided to switch one of those setting from User Choice to Kinetic.

I’d love to see a hierarchy somewhere documented - because in testing it does not seem consistent.