Freight charge non-taxable

Are you using Avalara? if so, that misc charge/item code needs to be set up within Avalara as an exemption.  We are on 9.05.605 and it is kind of confusing because it looks like you set up the exemption in Epicor - but if it is not set up in Avalara as an exemption - it will automatcially charge tax if the customer is not exempt,  Epicor has a great support department when dealing with Avalara and taxes (only 2 people) but they are great help in this area. 

I know I am missing a simple set up here, but whenever we create a Sales order or AR Invoice, misc charges become taxable.

Anyway to keep this from happening?

Version 9.05.607B

TIA

Manasa

Take a look at the Miscellaneous Charge screen.  There is a Tax Information section.  You need to set up a Tax Category for exempt Miscellaneous charges.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Manasa Reddy
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:21 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Freight charge non-taxable

I know I am missing a simple set up here, but whenever we create a Sales order or AR Invoice, misc charges become taxable.

Version 9.05.607B

TIA

Manasa

So leaving it blank just means it IS taxable?

M

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:41 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Freight charge non-taxable

Take a look at the Miscellaneous Charge screen.  There is a Tax Information section.  You need to set up a Tax Category for exempt Miscellaneous charges.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Manasa Reddy

Version 9.05.607B

TIA

Manasa

Yes -

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:10 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'

M

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cathy

Version 9.05.607B

TIA

Manasa

I think it means it takes it’s tax from the line. I have an SCR to allow taxable charges on exempt lines..

Ross

Epicor Software (UK) is a limited company registered in England & Wales.

Registration Number: 2338274. Registered Office: 6th Floor, One London Wall, London EC2Y 5EB

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. Any views and/or opinions expressed in this e-mail are of the author only and do not represent the views of Epicor Software (UK) Limited or any other company within its group.

Sent: 03 December 2013 20:10
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'

M

Take a look at the Miscellaneous Charge screen. There is a Tax Information section. You need to set up a Tax Category for exempt Miscellaneous charges.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Manasa Reddy
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>

Version 9.05.607B

TIA

Manasa

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==> to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]