General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to E

I got these through finance

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

bryandavis1980 <bryandavis1980@...> wrote:

You have know idea how much help you have been! I have been back and forth all day trying to tell Epicor that I needed these files because I didn't have them and they don't seem to understand what I am asking for or why. It's been a bit of a headache if you catch my drift. Do you remember which division of Support you had to contact? I keep getting flipped back and forth between DB/Install and Finance. Thanks for all the posting notes as well.

Thank you,
Bryan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek wrote:
>
> I got the files from support, they compile them to your version, patch level, and type of database... I couldn't just flip you the files and hope for the best!
>
> As far as reimporting posting rules, and this is assuming you use standard posting rules and you don't have anything customized as far as posting rules are concerned:
>
> Under GL Transaction Type Maintenance go to Actions, select Import ACTType, search your server installation for the posting rules \\Your9.05Server\Epicor905\Server\PostingRules\Standard and select all the files.
>
> In the Import from XML screen check the Import All, Replace All, Change All Revisions Status' To Active, and Force manual selection of Books and hit 'OK'
>
> Agree to the next Msg Box (something like New imported Revision will blah blah..)
>
> Once that is done it should bring up Books and Segments Mapping form..i think..
>
> Select Main Book or whatever is appropriate for your environment, complete the Segment Mapping, check the box Use for All Transaction Types and hit 'OK'
>
> Its been a little while since I did it so hopefully its fairly accurate
>
> Rob Bucek
> Production Control Manager
> PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> Mobile: (715)896-4832
> FAX: (715)284-4084
> [cid:1.234354861@...]
> (Click the logo to view our site)
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:14 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C
>
>
>
> Thanks for the response! Do you know where I would find these progress programs at? I have been looking and have not been able to locate them. Also, how would I go about the "reimport posting rules". Thank you so much for your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , Rob Bucek wrote:
> >
> > When we converted from 409 we had to run three .r conversion files to fix historicals, as well as reimport posting rules, rebuild the chart of accounts, and one other process that is slipping my mind at the moment..
> >
> >
> > The three conversion programs we ran were called FixVistaChartOfAccounts, FX_Upd_TranGLC_LaborDtlAmt_IJ, and FX_UpdSysGLControlType_LaborDtl. Before doing that we saw the same issues.
> >
> >
> > Rob Bucek
> > Production Control Manager
> > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > Mobile: (715)896-4832
> > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > [cid:1.234354861@]
> > (Click the logo to view our site)
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
> > Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:20 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C
> >
> >
> >
> > Our GL does not appear to be mapping our accounts to the correct department after conversion/installation from 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C. Financial support reffered us to db/installation support, db/installation have not been able to help. Each time I call I just get a "Someone will call you back" type response. Could somebody tell me what to look for between the two differet systems to verify the data? Now this appears to be happening with the historical data, as when I create a new JE it appears to work correctly.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bryan
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Our GL does not appear to be mapping our accounts to the correct department after conversion/installation from 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C. Financial support reffered us to db/installation support, db/installation have not been able to help. Each time I call I just get a "Someone will call you back" type response. Could somebody tell me what to look for between the two differet systems to verify the data? Now this appears to be happening with the historical data, as when I create a new JE it appears to work correctly.

Thank you,
Bryan
When we converted from 409 we had to run three .r conversion files to fix historicals, as well as reimport posting rules, rebuild the chart of accounts, and one other process that is slipping my mind at the moment..

The three conversion programs we ran were called FixVistaChartOfAccounts, FX_Upd_TranGLC_LaborDtlAmt_IJ, and FX_UpdSysGLControlType_LaborDtl. Before doing that we saw the same issues.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:20 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C

Our GL does not appear to be mapping our accounts to the correct department after conversion/installation from 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C. Financial support reffered us to db/installation support, db/installation have not been able to help. Each time I call I just get a "Someone will call you back" type response. Could somebody tell me what to look for between the two differet systems to verify the data? Now this appears to be happening with the historical data, as when I create a new JE it appears to work correctly.

Thank you,
Bryan

Thanks for the response! Do you know where I would find these progress programs at? I have been looking and have not been able to locate them. Also, how would I go about the "reimport posting rules". Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks,
Bryan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek wrote:
>
> When we converted from 409 we had to run three .r conversion files to fix historicals, as well as reimport posting rules, rebuild the chart of accounts, and one other process that is slipping my mind at the moment..
>
>
> The three conversion programs we ran were called FixVistaChartOfAccounts, FX_Upd_TranGLC_LaborDtlAmt_IJ, and FX_UpdSysGLControlType_LaborDtl. Before doing that we saw the same issues.
>
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:20 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C
>
>
>
> Our GL does not appear to be mapping our accounts to the correct department after conversion/installation from 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C. Financial support reffered us to db/installation support, db/installation have not been able to help. Each time I call I just get a "Someone will call you back" type response. Could somebody tell me what to look for between the two differet systems to verify the data? Now this appears to be happening with the historical data, as when I create a new JE it appears to work correctly.
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan
>
>
>
>
I got the files from support, they compile them to your version, patch level, and type of database... I couldn't just flip you the files and hope for the best!

As far as reimporting posting rules, and this is assuming you use standard posting rules and you don't have anything customized as far as posting rules are concerned:

Under GL Transaction Type Maintenance go to Actions, select Import ACTType, search your server installation for the posting rules \\Your9.05Server\Epicor905\Server\PostingRules\Standard<file:///\\Your9.05Server\Epicor905\Server\PostingRules\Standard> and select all the files.

In the Import from XML screen check the Import All, Replace All, Change All Revisions Status' To Active, and Force manual selection of Books and hit 'OK'

Agree to the next Msg Box (something like New imported Revision will blah blah..)

Once that is done it should bring up Books and Segments Mapping form..i think..

Select Main Book or whatever is appropriate for your environment, complete the Segment Mapping, check the box Use for All Transaction Types and hit 'OK'

Its been a little while since I did it so hopefully its fairly accurate

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:14 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C

Thanks for the response! Do you know where I would find these progress programs at? I have been looking and have not been able to locate them. Also, how would I go about the "reimport posting rules". Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks,
Bryan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek wrote:
>
> When we converted from 409 we had to run three .r conversion files to fix historicals, as well as reimport posting rules, rebuild the chart of accounts, and one other process that is slipping my mind at the moment..
>
>
> The three conversion programs we ran were called FixVistaChartOfAccounts, FX_Upd_TranGLC_LaborDtlAmt_IJ, and FX_UpdSysGLControlType_LaborDtl. Before doing that we saw the same issues.
>
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:20 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C
>
>
>
> Our GL does not appear to be mapping our accounts to the correct department after conversion/installation from 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C. Financial support reffered us to db/installation support, db/installation have not been able to help. Each time I call I just get a "Someone will call you back" type response. Could somebody tell me what to look for between the two differet systems to verify the data? Now this appears to be happening with the historical data, as when I create a new JE it appears to work correctly.
>
> Thank you,
> Bryan
>
>
>
>

You have know idea how much help you have been! I have been back and forth all day trying to tell Epicor that I needed these files because I didn't have them and they don't seem to understand what I am asking for or why. It's been a bit of a headache if you catch my drift. Do you remember which division of Support you had to contact? I keep getting flipped back and forth between DB/Install and Finance. Thanks for all the posting notes as well.

Thank you,
Bryan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek wrote:
>
> I got the files from support, they compile them to your version, patch level, and type of database... I couldn't just flip you the files and hope for the best!
>
> As far as reimporting posting rules, and this is assuming you use standard posting rules and you don't have anything customized as far as posting rules are concerned:
>
> Under GL Transaction Type Maintenance go to Actions, select Import ACTType, search your server installation for the posting rules \\Your9.05Server\Epicor905\Server\PostingRules\Standard and select all the files.
>
> In the Import from XML screen check the Import All, Replace All, Change All Revisions Status' To Active, and Force manual selection of Books and hit 'OK'
>
> Agree to the next Msg Box (something like New imported Revision will blah blah..)
>
> Once that is done it should bring up Books and Segments Mapping form..i think..
>
> Select Main Book or whatever is appropriate for your environment, complete the Segment Mapping, check the box Use for All Transaction Types and hit 'OK'
>
> Its been a little while since I did it so hopefully its fairly accurate
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:14 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C
>
>
>
> Thanks for the response! Do you know where I would find these progress programs at? I have been looking and have not been able to locate them. Also, how would I go about the "reimport posting rules". Thank you so much for your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com , Rob Bucek wrote:
> >
> > When we converted from 409 we had to run three .r conversion files to fix historicals, as well as reimport posting rules, rebuild the chart of accounts, and one other process that is slipping my mind at the moment..
> >
> >
> > The three conversion programs we ran were called FixVistaChartOfAccounts, FX_Upd_TranGLC_LaborDtlAmt_IJ, and FX_UpdSysGLControlType_LaborDtl. Before doing that we saw the same issues.
> >
> >
> > Rob Bucek
> > Production Control Manager
> > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > Mobile: (715)896-4832
> > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > [cid:1.234354861@]
> > (Click the logo to view our site)
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of bryandavis1980
> > Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:20 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Vantage] General Ledger issues after converting from Vista 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C
> >
> >
> >
> > Our GL does not appear to be mapping our accounts to the correct department after conversion/installation from 8.03.409C to Epicor 9.05.700C. Financial support reffered us to db/installation support, db/installation have not been able to help. Each time I call I just get a "Someone will call you back" type response. Could somebody tell me what to look for between the two differet systems to verify the data? Now this appears to be happening with the historical data, as when I create a new JE it appears to work correctly.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Bryan
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>