Handheld (Barcode scanner) device suggestion

I didn’t have time when I posted this but there already are similar topics but unfortunately I cannot remove this post.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to see what is the best option for a barcode scanner / handheld device that is very well compatible with .NET and Epicor sdk so we can program it and create multiple interfaces and functionalities on. For example with the capability of installing custom dll files and so on.

I would greatly appreciate your experienced feedback!

After checking more on the forum I found some great threads like this one:

I recently helped Bracalente Manufacturing Company implement the BISCit Epicor Mobile Handheld system which is based on newer Android based handheld technology (we use Zebra devices but also tested it on Honeywell) . It’s a native Android app downloaded from the Google Play store. This application handles all of the transactions that Epicor handheld can do PLUS much more in a modern streamlined user interface. Installation was easy and we went live in weeks. Users have been quick to adopt the system and we have improved our warehouse efficiency. We looked at the Epicor handheld application but were very disappointed in the functionality, ability to customize and the fact that we had to use older technology.

BISCit is based in Australia, however, they will soon be providing US-based service and support . Nonetheless, they have been very responsive and quick to address any questions or concerns. They are a certified Epicor partner as well as a development company. They have deep understanding of Epicor and transactions. They also have a developed an on-premise Epicor rentals management module.

We would be happy to share more about our experience.

Rick

1 Like

We are looking at various handhelds and BISCit sounds great.
I’d love to hear more about how things are going with it.
Do you use PCID?

https://www.biscit.com.au/mobile-handheld/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.biscit.mhh&hl=en_US