Home Office Setups

I was going to ask if it is two monitors (as in you had two desktops to arrange), or if it is one monitor that supports a single - but very large - desktop.

1 Like

They have these at the Local Microsoft Store
https://i.imgur.com/30fATZg.jpg

1 Like

Two Video Inputs? And not just multiple formats like HDMI and DVI, but one input for the “left” monitor" and one for the “right” one?

@ckrusen some of us have a desk full. Working remote is not new for me though. I have been remote for the last 30 years. 20 with my current company in Epicor and another ERP and before that is was a programmer/dealer/consultant for that system. My only change has been the two days a week I went to the office are now gone.

3 Likes

Seriously, I don’t… it was hard getting used to using OneNote and such… it’s much better.

Yes, several companies make them now, Dell, Samsung, Acer, mine is a Phillips… (on the 3rd warranty replacement), kinda wish I went Dell or Samsung. Windows 10’s new PowerToys (How To) makes arranging windows really easy.
I tried dual monitors but I seem to have an OCD thing with things being perfectly aligned and it was driving me crazy.

1 Like

Philips Brilliance 499P9H
I kinda wish I had gone with the Samsung though

My wife uses her laptop monitor plus an external monitor. The laptop sits on her desk, and the external monitor is on a little stand, off to the side. They are different sizes, so to move the cursor from the big monitor to the laptop screen requires you to be “below the upper edge” of the laptop’s monitor.

In my incredibly detailed sketch below, the green or orange paths show the mouse moving from one screen to the other. But the blue path stops at the right edge of the big monitor, since there’s no equivalent area on the small one.

2 Likes

You guys get to work from home??

2 Likes

Yes, one large desktop + the Surface Pro Desktop.
Connected by a single USB C cable to power the Surface Pro and send Video to the monitor.

My little setup while I’m in the middle of a remodel (complete with cigar box monitor stand). I’m also not new to working from home but don’t do that much with my current employer. Nice having a window to the outside again instead of the hallway in my regular office. Keeping the curtains shut so I don’t get spoiled.

2 Likes

You happen to have been all setup back on Feb 9th?

How come you knew so long ago!!! :wink:

@ckrusen Can’t get anything past you… you should do code QA or something.

1 Like

It’s not ALL beer and skittles… but the beer and skittles are somewhat closer and you don’t have to hid them.

It also means there’s PRECIOUS LITTLE DISTANCE between you and the office at all times. Some customers are GREAT about that, some are, well, not.

1 Like

We have a location in China. I’ve been setup for 3 months.

2 Likes

got a nice little office setup in my 4 season room, pretty comfy all year round. Easy access to the kitchen is a must! That wall really needs a picture or something, just waiting for that saber to impale my big toe one of these days…

9 Likes

Nice gaming chair and keyboard

A good chair makes all the difference in a 12 hour day.

3 Likes

12 hours? umm yeah 12 hours! lol

1 Like

#humblebrag