Good morning Epi-Folks. I did a cursory search on this forum and elsewhere for this information but could not find anything specific yet.
What I am looking for is a list of Epicor’s various Report Language ID’s (RptLanguageID that comes from the Report Data Definitions and is fed to the reports based on the user/companies country/lanugage).
Our company is primarily English / United States and when I view this value for the ID in a report it comes out “ENU”. I believe the ID for French Canadian is “FRC”, these are the type of codes I am looking for.
If anyone knows about these, are they epicor specific or are they a set of universal codes that epicor has adopted? (this would be my hope and assumption).
@dheinrich, take a look at the Ice.LangName table.
Anyone that might stumble across this thread-- I have another question related to these Language ID’s. Are these controlled by the User’s selected Language within Epicor? Like let’s say I am a French Canadian user and my language is set to French Canadian (FRC). Will this “FRC” code come through the Report Data Definition as the RptLanguageID field? Or what controls this data field?
I think it depends on the report.
We have a company set up as a customer and supplier and their language is set up as svenska (Swedish). Their POs, invoices, packlists and order acknowledgements are all in Swedish, but our other reports we print are in English. The same goes for them, when they do their reports they are in Swedish, but our documents come to us in English.
Thank you so much for the helpful reply. That makes a lot of sense-- although I have never had to set certain customers/suppliers to different languages that’s a great point. I could see that becoming a necessity in the future. I will have to perform some testing on my end to verify what causes the RptLanguageID to change (user settings, company settings, etc).
As a small update-- the User selected language from User Settings (10.2.700) does not seem to change or effect the RptLanguageID fed to the SSRS reports. This is good in my case, but since I was able to verify this I wanted to share on this thread for anyone looking in the future. My assumption is that the Company “Localization” (tied in with “CSF”) effects the RptLanguageID but I will not be able to test this until a new company with a new localization is created.
I am thinking about ignoring the RptLanguageID at this point and potentially going the route of using a UD field in the Company table where I could place a simple language code and feed this to the reports.
I spoke with an Epicor consultant with years of experience in multi language multi company setups and reporting-- his advice was to not even attempt to use the RptLanguageID or the Epicor labels etc. For a myriad of reasons we reviewed, I agree with him. I am moving forward with creating separate reports for separate languages/countries due to phrasing, sizing, legal needs changing for different countries, etc. The words can be hard-coded into the text boxes or expressions in the language you need and you can deal with sizing and formatting separate from your english reports.
Hope this helps someone in the future going down the same path I went down. Thanks.