Indented BOM SQL Query

Brandon, thank you for this information. The actual example is indented BOM. I’m working through it right now.

We have a detailed bom that does all operations/all materials at all levels - if you wish I can share.

I also have a separate query/reports that does something similar to your need - we list the total number of ops, total number of assemblies - largely used a pricing smell test for low cost parts. We have variants that look at specific ops - for example total number of laser ops for all the sub-components on a large assembly - I think this is used for some kind of brute force contribution purposes.

1 Like

Hi James,

If the offer of sharing the detailed bom is still ok, can you please share ?

I am having trouble getting the indented BOM/BOO list based on the CTE example, so some working code code would be beneficial.

Thanks.

Cheers Rod.

Ok will do - I’ll properly comment the queries and get them to you.

We tried CTE and couldn’t get it to work so created SSRS with an SQL direct query - we are on premise Epicor and can live with the risk/performance risk - Jose Gomez and others will be scoffing and rolling their eyes in disdain :crazy_face:

I won’t judge I report sql direct with a readonly user and views/funcs in an alternate db. Be smart about it and have solid backups. Now if you’re using a read/write user we shall shun you

1 Like

SH_BOM.baq (34.8 KB)

This is the BAQ exactly as described int he help file

1 Like

I was able to get the CTE example to work how I needed it to. I’ve modified it since then to match what I need so I don’t know if my BAQ would help or not.

No read/write user

Thanks Steve - much appreciated.

Thanks James

Do you still need me to post something or has Steve sorted it for you?

What if you dont have a epicweb account or forgot password? is there another way to view the case study?

1 Like

Are you on 10.1? If you were on 10.2 they added them to the help files directly, so you don’t need epic web credentials. Do you have a newer test version that you could get the help files from?

1 Like

I am on version 10.1.600.20

did you look in the help files? I’m not sure when they put them in there.

Thank you for pointing me to it. I just noticed it’s in help files.

1 Like

Hi James - would appreciate it if you could post something - would be great. Thanks Rod

1 Like

This was an awesome find for me. Tried for years to join the boms together but never could master it.

1 Like

This is great, I have applied it in the Query and it comes out almost all the information of the BOM that has several levels, but the amount that appears is that of the child, the amount of the parent does not appear and I require it to get the cost of the entire BOM .

Anyone can share the Intended BOM Listing baq?