Indirect Labor Not Posting to the GL

We are using 10.2.300 and trying to setup indirect labor for Time & Expense Entry. We rolled this into production after successful testing in another environment beginning of March. Sadly the test environment was lost and we missed a configuration in Production somewhere in the process so we’re not getting the results we had in the test environment.

I have reviewed this article (EpicCare Login - EpicCare) to confirm those steps wer done correctly. Indirect Labor Account and Code setup plus GL Accounts and Controls all look good to us.

Today we tried tried checking the “Posts Costs” check box under the list view of Labor Account but we still don’t see anything on the Wip/Rec report. When we look at the LaborDtl table we see the GLTrans field flagged as TRUE and the PostedToGL field as True for records up to the 9th which his the last time we had a successful Capture, though none of the indirect labor activity from the 1st to the 9th appears in the GL.

Is there anything else we can check relating to setup that would influence if or how these indirect labor transactions get posted to the GL?

Thank you.

Maybe something wrong with your posting process. On the Inventory WIP Reconciliation report, have you tried selecting “both” for the G/L Posting Detail filter? That should show you the unposted records with the account that they should be posting to.

You can also add a transaction type filter of “Labor” in order to narrow down the results.

1 Like

Hi Jacquelyn, we were only looking at unposted activity but I just ran the Inventory WIP Reconciliation report using “both” for the G/L Posting Detail filter and filtered to only labor transactions. We still do not see the indirect labor transactions on the report.

Hmm… Do you have all of the GL Control Types added to company config? I don’t know for sure, but I’d suspect you need to have the Indirect Labor control type on that. We use the Inventory COS and WIP GL control for indirect labor as well as job labor, so my set up is a little different, but this is the setting I’m referring to:

Company Configuration -> Modules -> All Modules -> GL Control -> List

Hi Jacquelyn, we don’t have the Indirect Labor control type as an option to add to the Company Configuration. We have the GL Control setup on the Indirect Labor Account Code.

Are all the status for the time and expense are all Approved?

They are approved and older entries ones show “posted”.

Does the COS WIP report balance?

Yes it balances.

If it is ok, post a screen shot of the COS WIP report. I am pretty sure if the steps are followed in the link you provided, it should work.

I cannot share the report but if I’m following your train of thought and we can confirm the records we are looking for are not on the report but accurate. We have records on the Labor edit report for indirect labor hours we expected to be posted. When we run the Wip Rec report for unposted and posted activity filtered to Labor transaction types only, we search for the employee ID and name respectively on the Wip Rec report and nothing turns up. We did this with a few employees. Further to that, all the records on the wip rec report are associated to a job, none appear with a job number. We have a copy of the labor edit report and wip rec from our tests last month to confirm that what we expect to see and how they appear on both reports in accurate to what we are looking for in this production instance.

They are probably being net 0 balanced in Applied Labor. Take a look at this.

1 Like

Thank you Joshua. We reviewed the GL accounts and found that a change to the Applied Labor account wasn’t saved properly. This was in fact balancing to 0 in applied labor.

Thank you very much everyone.