Innovation

Great Thread. Like the ideas.

As consultants, coolest projects this year

• Utilize REST and Azure to gather Shop Floor machine reading and use for scheduled maintenance and utilization graphs in Epicor.

• Utilize RFID tags on Inventory to track movement and location in warehouse via WIFI network.

Tekro llc

3 Likes

We use OnBase by Hyland. Automated AR/AP

1 Like

Mass ECO-Part-Checkout & Mass ECO Update - These applications have been delivered to multiple customers where they have a large number of parts to revise.
The MASS Checkout application allows for:

1. Automatic creation of the ECO Group (if not already existent).
  2. mass creation of new revisions
  3. mass checkout of those new revisions
  4. automatic ā€œGet detailsā€ from the old revision to the new revision
    These four steps, which can take quite some time to do manually, just a few seconds per part (depending on the size of the BOM to ā€œget detailsā€ from), saving engineering literally hours when checking out 100s of parts.

the MASS EDIT allows

1. the engineer to update material lines or operations for many parts at a time (once they are checked out to the ECO Workbench).
  2. This modification is JUST LIKE they edited them one at a time (ieā€¦ it is NOT like the ā€œMass Replaceā€ feature).
  3. USE EXAMPLE< we used this to update 100s of parts that had the same exact operation so that they had less time on the operation.

Yesā€¦ both of these applications COULD have been done with DMT, but instead, we made an application that does this within the Epicor framework, and withing Epicor security. The users can use the grid view to copy/paste data into.

1 Like

Last Year:

Centralized Engineering in Epicor with Parts, Revisions, ECOGroups being managed at Global Company. Then Local Companies who have the Part Linked get Synced and there are options to manually Pull Revisions down (Sync Down).

It was a long year long effort to hash out bugs and honor PartPlant settings among other things.

If a ECO Group had Parents or Children (Materials, Phantoms, Sub Assemblies etc) it would also bring them down, with the Revisions, Link them among other thingsā€¦ Multi-Level.

It was used on Fire Truck BOMs which are huge. It handled the beating. :slight_smile:

Combination of BPMs, UI, Service Connect.

2 Likes

Tim this sounds very appealing to us. How would we go about finding out how to get this? Thanks

@Edge
We had a request about nesting recently. Finding a way to get MRP to call out the nest as a partnumber but not have a material requirement on the job for the nest part number. The requester kept mentioning how they were able to do it in a previous system with a part type. I was wasnt able to find anything on a creative way of doing it in epicor.

Do you have something in the works?

You may contact me directly. it is not a ā€œstandardā€ module, and in nearly every case, i have had to customize it because the users had UD Fields that they want to incorporate into the process.

Iā€™ve built a powerapps engine with a hybrid onprem/Cloud connection. Azure AD Authentication

Hi John long time - please share more if you have any images or details

I tend to keep a very low profile :slight_smile:

The engine will orchestrate many calls into one. Itā€™s durable so each call will persist until you interact. Weā€™ve included SMS and email webhooks for extended workflow actioning. Ideally Iā€™d like epicor to have its own web hooks that I can interact with but Iā€™ve worked round this for now.

The engine itself has a premium connector for powerapps similar to the dynamic 365 connectors which are mapped to business objects. CRM , sales order, quote , purchase. A swagger page is present for each object so the calls are very easy to make. Odata style.

You can build a powerapp, that will create an epicor transaction in about 5-10 mins with no code.

Itā€™s great for rapid prototyping and the architecture is scalable so we can pop a ui on it when your happy with the functionality. Or just leave in power apps if itā€™s just for a couple of users.

Longer term I will be mapping these elements to the process mining model i have, so you can build an instant business case for automation and then quickly automate with a flow or mobile app. We can then mine the new process to ensure the envisioned gains are achieved.

Iā€™m hoping to achieve what uipath are doing but solely for epicor.

1 Like

Checkout Change Data Capture that has webhooks now

1 Like

And the other half of this is deep linking so apps can return to the object that raised the event. It should be a side-effect of Kinetic and Iā€™m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I read that this is restricted to internal use only. What version will this be available for external use. I need cdc for process mining and have considered building my own model.

Hi TIm,
We are looking into this solution as well. Whatā€™s the best way to get this solution or a version of it?
Jeremy J.

Tim,
Does this or can it also mass edit/replace attachments? We are attaching specifications to our parts in the Workbench and right now if a spec gets change either revision or a completely new spec number we will have check out each part, and delete the old spec and add the new spec along with the new spec title. I know this could also be done with a DMT but I would like to stay away from that if possible. If not is there another way of doing this? I know I can use the mass replace to change from the old to the new when the spec has been replaced with a new spec but it only works on the BOM, not the attachments.

Mike R.

Would love a write up on this!