Input string was not in correct format - Hail Mary help request

That?

Why are you restoring an old Vantage Database ?

Epicor used their cloud conversion tool to convert a V8 database to Kinetic 2022.2…

This is so that we didn’t have to start fresh and make DMTs to import all of our data, mainly. I was told that the cloud conversion tool does a good job uplifting the data… so we are trying it out.

You have data in the Vantage Db that’s not in your 10 environment ?

One of the companies I help out with is running vantage 8. They want to upgrade to kinetic.

I was so confused.

I was told the opposite. We started fresh. DMT.

I have also been told the opposite, which is why we went down the DMT road…

It’s been mixed, some say it works some say it doesn’t.

So did the order numbers not get restored as integer?

I see them all as integers… The thing is the GetBYID returns this object…

My thought is that somethign in this object is not in the right format.

image

It should be restricted by the schema so I’m very confused.

By the database schema you are saying?

Yes, seems like the import should error out there, but didn’t? Or did ? :rofl:

And on the object generation for returning data, there is some leeway, but it
should be restricted there too.

blinking trailer park boys GIF

Kevin, that’s all I am trying to get help with. I just can’t get anywhere to determine what integer field it is that it’s having trouble parsing…

All newly entered orders work fine.

Oh really, either I can’t read, or that wasn’t clear :slight_smile:

This is what I am saying, it is just too weird that everything old doesn’t work, but everything new does…

I can enter the same order for the same customer with the same parts and it’s fine. It’s just taking a ton of time to try and figure this out, case has been open for a month. They are telling me to apply a patch and see if that works to resolve the issue.

But there’s no issue with new data or in ANY of my other environments where we started fresh (cause we were going to do the DMT).

I think I would try to export some working rows/non working rows and compare field by field.

sucks

Man, my eyes are dry from doing that all day.

The thing is I swear it’s in the JSON object. and the object has dataset names that don’t match erp tables so I have no clue what tables I am supposed to be checking out.

Take a break.