Inspection Plan Format in 2023.1 Data Collection

We are in the process of testing 2023.1 with plans to upgrade our production environment in February. Today we tested inspection plans and found a problem with the way the Enter Results screen is formatting in Data Collection.

Here is what the inspection plan Enter Results looks like for Final Inspection in Pilot 2023.1 – a horizontal row (a very long row)

Here is what the inspection plan looks like in 2023.1 Inspection Plan Configurator Test Inputs. This is also what it looks like in Production 2021.2.5 Data Collection. Do you know how we can get it to look like this in 2023.1 Data Collection? I do not seem to be able to locate whatever setting is controlling this.

Sorry, I don’t have an answer. But I would be interested to find out if people with a configurator has also run into a similar situation between those versions. A lot more people use configurator than inspection. Hopefully someone who has it will read this and respond :crossed_fingers: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Has anyone seen this before? It is a show stopper for the 2023.1 upgrade if it cannot be fixed some how.

Resonse from EPicCare is that this is the way it is. It is “working as designed.” “The Kinetic Inspection Results just takes the Attributes on the Specification Plan and puts them into columns - we don’t spin up a view of the Inspection Configurator. The problem is the Inspection type Configurator was never converted to Kinetic. The customer should enter an idea for this. It is being reviewed for the road map under ERP-47870 but should have a formal idea by a customer entered.”
We use inspection plans on every single job (approximately 2000 jobs completed per month).
Shouldn’t Ideas be for things that would make the system better? Not for things that Epicor has broken?
Quite frustrated with this response.

We don’t use this but out of curiosity is there no classic screen for this?

It would have to be classic in Data Collection and we have not located anything yet that allows that to happen. In menu maintenance, we set the process named “ End Labor Activity” and the menu item named “Inspection Results Entry” to Classic. We also tried it on the process names “MES (Shop Floor)” but on that one we are not allowed to change it. Form to Use is greyed out.
Tried setting preferences to classic and it made no difference.

Added to Epicor Ideas. Please vote for this if you use or plan to use Epicor Inspection Plans.

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4591

Additional Note: As we continue testing 2023.2 and trying to use the new “less than” kinetic inspection plans, discovered another issue. Since Kinetic does not launch the inspection plan configurator, the pass/fail rules that we set in the on complete section of the inspection plan configurator no longer work. The majority of our inspection plans are built using checkboxes.

1 Like

@KayleenHC , sorry to question you, but why are you not using the Inspection Attributes in the Specifications for pass/fail?

1 Like

Hello John.

We had originally created all inspection plans in the inspection plan configurator which creates a nice, user friendly inspection plan.

We do use the specification and the inspection plan…

Now with the upgrade to 2023.2 the configurator does not get launched anymore.

In the specification, I do not see a way to set pass/fail parameter for a checkbox? How do I do that? Almost all of our attributes are checkboxes.

With the configurator we could put that little bit of pass/fail code into the configurator for the checkbox attributes.

I am going off of memory since I don’t have 11 up yet.

On the Specification, do you have the attribute marked so that TRUE is a pass value?

Would love to do that. But if the attribute is a checkbox you cannot enter anything - all greyed out. What am I missing?

Can you screen shot the whole window. I can’t see the pass/fail values.

Kinetic View - cannot even open the sheet for pass/fail values

Wow! I was afraid that was going to be the case as I remembered the checkbox not needing to set pass/fail parameters but wanted to make sure. Have you tried removing the On Complete logic? I think the checkboxes should trigger a fail if they are not checked.

Is your case still open? I would escalate the case so that you can get a different resource assigned. Or keep on escalating until you get a manager or something. It is not fair that they removed working functionality.

@timshuwy , do you know anything about this? This is a major issue for medical and aerospace if they are using Epicor inspection for evidence of the inspection being done and passed. This is something that I think would put any future release on hold until something was created to replace it.

Thanks, John. I will try removing the on complete criteria. This case is now an Epicor Idea because Epicor says it is functioning as designed. Link to the idea if you want to vote on it.
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4591

What version are you referring to? your signature says you are on 8.03… this has been radically changed in Kinetic, so the answer might be different.

Sorry, it is not for me, it is for the OP. @KayleenHC is testing 2023.2 and has been told that the configurator is no longer being used for Inspection Plans.

This is correct… the configurator screens are no longer used in Kinetic for the inspection. in fact, the inspection plan screens are self-generating now, making it easier to build inspections.