Install ERP10 - Install Epicor Online Help

Doing a first time install of ERP 10.1.500 and using instructions Epicor10_Migration Guide page 103.

The instructions state “To install the application help, click the New button. Enter the Deployment Name for this application help release. Be sure to enter a name that helps you identify the specific Epicor Help release on your system.” on pg 104.

The new button is grayed out on my test system.

Please advise.

Are you trying to deploy application help on the same server as your Epicor server or on a separate server?

On the same server.

In the registry, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Epicor Software\ERP10.1\1

Is HelpSystem set to TRUE or FALSE? If FALSE, Help wasn’t selected during the base 10.1.500.0 install, and can’t be deployed against an appserver.

and if HelpSystem is FALSE, I’m leaning towards the following as the simplest to address:

• rename the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Epicor Software\ERP10.1\ key
  • reapply the base 10.1.500.0 install and select all the extensions that you’ll be using(I would just select all of the supplemental installs) : NOTE: please install into the same location.
  • reapply the latest 10.1.500.x patch so that the EAC gets updated

Thank you for your reply. Help system is installed.

At this point I would recommend opening a Support ticket regarding this issue.

Nathan,

WHEN DID WE START USING REGISTRY KEYS!!! (Lights hair on fire and runs down the hall. Well, where hair would be…)

So now there’s a proper uninstall program, eh?

Thanks,

Mark

and if HelpSystem is FALSE, I’m leaning towards the following as the simplest to address:
· rename the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Epicor Software\ERP10.1\ key
· reapply the base 10.1.500.0 install and select all the extensions that you’ll be using(I would just select all of the supplemental installs) : NOTE: please install into the same location.
[http://epiusers.help/uploads/default/original/2X/9/9222de79b22a786c0d243afcdfc0246ee31aed81.png]
· reapply the latest 10.1.500.x patch so that the EAC gets updated

Thanks for your support. I’ve had a service call in for a week.

Still waiting.

We have been using registry keys for the base Epicor install at least as far back as Epicor 9.05.

Our E905+ uninstall routines assumed that whoever requested it may have done so by accident so things like configuration files, database files (etc) remain so that there can be some level of recovery. We used to have a “delete all the things” in the some of our routines, but, we’d get calls saying that someone triggered it without fully knowing the consequences, and requested some recovery process as they didn’t have a database backup. So, we currently try to take a balanced approach - only uninstall/remove the things that could simply be reinstalled, try to leave behind the things that really can’t. If there is something left over after the 10.1.xxx uninstall process completes that you feel shouldn’t be left over, just let us know!

For both the server and client installs? I was under the influence that the client installs were pretty clean and an uninstall was a simple delete (or rename) of the folder.

Thanks for the update!

Mark W.

I was speaking to the server-side uninstall process. I’ve never tied to uninstall a client from programs and features :disappointed: but I would expect that we’d remove the desktop/start menu shortcuts, the relevant reg keys, and the entire local client folder - if that isn’t what others are seeing, we can definitely get that corrected as nothing should be left behind on the client machines after a client uninstall from my perspective.

Spoke with Epicor support and got things fixed.
The problem was that C:\Epicor\ERP10\ERP10.1.500.0\SupplementalInstalls\Epicor Help did not exist.

support copied the correct files over into this folder and the NEW button was available