Job Scheduling Board - Scheduling Operations

I’m not sure how to answer that. Realistically, we assign employees externally to a job. They clock into that job and work. I’m not manually assigning employees to a job in EPICOR.

But what about machines?

My resources are employees only. We hand assemble everything we build.

What do you put on your operations as scheduling requirements? Are those all the same?

I am not expert at all and relatively new here. But I am sure someone from this awesome group will definitely give you better suggestions. if you want to try Finite scheduling, I would suggest going over the Scheduling tech ref guide for details. You will get the updated version in Epicweb.

In short I can say- you need to make the resource as finite from the resource group setup and set up a horizon value considering your business process. Then once you schedule the job, check the finite scheduling check box. I would highly recommend to read the guide first and check if works for you.

3 Likes

Thank you guys. I hope to have some time later this week to dig into these.

Hello again, I have some time this morning to look into this. It seems my resources are already set to finite. We have finite horizon set to zero on all resources as well as our resource group.
Horizon i’m picturing how far I want to see our schedule. I’m really adjusting our job scheduling board weekly, or out two weeks, however we have jobs scheduled a year out.
Should I use 21 days? 360? or am I misunderstanding?

These are my resource group settings.

You also have to check settings in Company Configuration > Production > Job, and in Site Maintenance > Detail > Planning. This is where you set the site level finite horizon.

Since I don’t know any better, I keep our finite horizon set at 365 days, so that we always plan out a full year of production. This is way more than we need and only a few weeks are actually valid, but it is a place to start.

You should also read that scheduling technical reference. That helps a lot. There are so many layers!

shrek GIF

1 Like

We set our finite Horizon to 60 days for all operations to help ensure that we are running the right product at the right time. Something that was not mentioned before, when it comes to the global schedule, ensure that.

1. the operation on the details tab is aligned properly with the Resource Group on the Scheduling resource tab.

2. on the Job Details> Assemblies>Assembly screen, all assemblies should be set to make direct.

1 Like