Kinetic ideas 50 idea limit frustration

Well, the decision by Epicor has officially changed my tune. I am going to use up all of my votes and keep them used.

I think that since Epicor has laid out the rules for the game, we should all play by them. If we do play by their rules and it is still not working, then we may get them to change.

2 Likes

I’d much rather waste my time here than there…

2 Likes

Such a silly hill to die on with zero cost to them…

3 Likes

seriously… I mean even if we are wrong and it does no good, how long does it take to type 999999 or -1 in the box for the number of votes (or whatever would give us unlimited). I think if they had an explanation of how it could make the data worse or something it would be a lot easier for some of us to swallow…

Sigh. We are starting to have quite the collection of dead horses around here.

2 Likes

I’m a hoarder, but as I mentioned upthread, I did use up all mine last week-ish. It really is a stupid hill to die on but perhaps @jkane’s idea may be the way to go. I have some free votes, unlike @hkeric.wci’s, if anyone has a good idea they want to link in a separate thread. :wink:

How many of those 3000 do you actually think ever go to the ideas portal more than one or twice?

You’re probably looking at most of them in this thread.

3 Likes

Agreed, I’m pretty sure people have registered because Support said to log their issue as an idea and only voted for their idea and never logged back in. They should look at active Ideas users; Logged in last 6 months and voted on more than one idea for instance.

Hint hint @timshuwy :wink:

1 Like

I just checked… These stats are from KINETIC IDEAS ONLY… (we have many different platforms in Epicor Ideas).
1423 total voters in Kinetic Ideas
516 have voted for only 1 idea
238 have voted for more than 10 ideas, for a total of 7874 votes consumed
394 people have consumed more than 10 of their votes, totally 10137 total votes
13377 total votes across all ideas (including completed ideas

Last Year, on average, we had 268 IDEAS voted on per month, with an average vote count of 470 votes per month (totally 5643 total votes last year alone). This month so far we have seen 283 users add new votes to ideas for a total of 504 votes (above average month).

So… i would say that your assumption of a low number of people participating is wrong.
there are a total of 516 people who have only voted on one thing…
For those that have used up their votes… sorry, but we want to keep it fair. For those who have not, please vote on the important things for you so that we can see our next targets for improvements.

1 Like

Also note that the 3000 user count i stated before was across all platforms, (not just Kinetic)… but the same rule applies for all users of Epicor Ideas…

1 Like

Love the transparency Tim. :pray:

3 Likes

No reason to hide this… it is all good, and shows the brilliant activity of our user community. I was actually surprised at the numbers. These are huge ( in my view ) and shows the engagement from our customer community.

1 Like

Does this take into account activity? I have two different user accounts on there, as I’ve moved jobs. I doubt my previous employer has deactivated my account…

Thank you for sharing the stats.

We may not agree, but that’s exactly what I wanted to see.

Ok, now let’s all game the system :face_with_peeking_eye:

Let’s pull all of our votes and put it on the most important idea.
Once it’s in development, let’s pull our votes and put them on the next target.

1 Like

@klincecum Now if one was their companies EpicCare Admin (I am) and was also an email admin for their company (I am) You could make limitless contacts and email aliases and all of them could vote :smile:

Probably too much work for for this.

Ha, that’s genius and I love it. It’s like American Idol voting. The nerds that bombed the phone lines for their favorite contestant. Yeah I’m a dork.

But the problem – and I say this with legitimately no sarcasm – they would not care anyway. We see that proven with the ideas that have high votes already.

Well it was mostly a joke anyway.

Personally I think we’re past votes at this point and they should just remove them.

It’s time to move on to tar and feathers.

Just unloaded my remaining 47 votes in about 5 minutes. I’m free!!!

1 Like

What did I miss?

angry go cartoons GIF by Cartoon Hangover