Kinetic is the New Name for Epicor ERP

Kinetic goes GA in June Calvin given them a sec lol

To be fair, epicor.com is the most useless website out there. EpicWeb and Epicare are useful. Epicor.com is simply a sales pitch.

3 Likes

Well … went to epicweb.epicor.com and was presented with:

“ERP Cloud 11” sure is a funny way to spell “Kinetic”

3 Likes

I don’t know Brian, keeping “Epicor” in the name seems a little dangerous don’t ya think??? :grimacing:

I think Epicor should change the new June release name to just a symbol… :slight_smile:

Something like:

Or…

image image

5 Likes

It’s a rebrand is going to take a minute… jesus guys
If by June 11 it still says Epicor ERP 11 then feel free to drag them, but until then…

Its a re-brand in progress and it even says in the announcement General Release June 10th 2021

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Old Epicor Software for Sale! Buy it now! no Questions asked :rofl:

Before:
Epicor ERP 11.1.100

Now:
Kinetic 2021.1

2 Likes

Is that for real, or your guess and/or suggestion ?

And you sure it wouldn’t be:
Epicor Kinetic 2021.1

Yes. The company is still Epicor but I believe the new name of the software isn’t implicitly Epicor Kinetic, just “Kinetic”

Started looking for a post on this earlier, turned my back for a second, “Blam” it’s gone off like milk on a hot day!

The logo was finally going to be an E and they changed the name. Blue circle club it is, then!

ERP cloudy 11?

The usual response to my “it doesn’t work in kinetic 10.2.700.x” feedback is “It’s working in 11.1”. I’ve pretty much given up on testing Kinetic in 10.2.700, seems a waste of my time if it won’t be fixed in 10.2.700, and all the feedback response is “it’s fixed in 11”. I’ll wait…

what he said! Have many clients that are just in “wait and see” mode on Kinetic. It’s a shame as the Active Home Page and EDD are almost useful now!

1 Like

Kinetic (UI) was mostly preview in 700 I wouldn’t sweat it (or use it) until 11 in a production setting.

We gave them a TON of feedback in the preview program that they all mostly took to heart and implemented in 11.

I suspect people will be much happier in 11, (though the cheese is still getting moved)

5 Likes

Maybe now recruiters looking for Epic consultants will finally stop spamming me…

as in the health care charting software?

We also still use the Classic interface so you are not alone.

OMG yes. Thing is; a friend of mine was on the implementation team of the Epic system for the hospital she works at. Looking at what they are doing is very reminiscent of Epicor. Almost like just replace “Widgets” in the Epicor documentation with “Patients” :wink:

Yeah, My wife is a nurse, and they use Epic. It’s just ERP for hospitals. I always thought it was interesting/annoying that the names were so close.

1 Like