Kinetic Web browser Print Preview

October 20 for GA.

If I recall properly, installing the Edge Agent on the PC in question, essentially makes it work like the System Monitor does on the Windows Desktop client. The PDF’s pop up on the screen instead of having to download them from the notification manger.

Edit: Nope, turns out I was wrong.

I have that installed and it does not. It just gives you access to the client printers. At least as far as I can tell.

1 Like

But with a little coding magic… all of your dreams can come true! :3

PrintPreview

Quite honestly, this is a hacky solution that would need to be implemented on every report. Epicor should really just fix their shit because it is doable.

You’ll need this BAQ to make it work.
SysRptLst.baq (14.0 KB)

Create a view to hold the BAQ data.

Create an event that triggers after SubmitToAgent

Call your BAQ.

Add a widget that has an expression field (I use condition because I can put console writes on true/false to show if it’s working in the log).

Condition expression:

eval ("var byteString = window.atob('{SysRptList.SysRptLst_RptData}');let int8Array = new Uint8Array(new ArrayBuffer(byteString.length));for (let i = 0; i < byteString.length; i++) { int8Array[i] = byteString.charCodeAt(i);}let documentBlob = new Blob([int8Array], { type: 'application/pdf' });let fileURL = URL.createObjectURL(documentBlob);console.log(fileURL); window.open(fileURL,'_blank');")
9 Likes

Amazed

I have install Edge Agent and still don’t see any print previews.

Don’t let your boss see that! :rofl:

Edit: I can spell… really!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MarriedShortGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

2 Likes

So… We’ve been anticipating a post on using the conditionals to inject behavior beyond Boolean conditions at some point so congrats Hannah - we should probably send you a prize of some sort. Probably will not surprise you all to know that there will be increasing sandboxing added here to stop users from breaking outside the condition box as well as a designer for non-coders to help you know what you can/can’t do there.

On the feature here… we do have open previews and data exports automatically rather than making you click the alert button tagged for 23.1 so that is upcoming. That was a poor design choice on our part (only showing these kind of actions in the notification panel to select) which we’ll be changing.

Edge agent as someone mentioned also will not impact this either way it gets us access to local actions like printing and local file access but not required to view a pdf preview.

3 Likes

1 Like

Tickets to F1 in October maybe? :thinking:

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hannah you really outdid yourself here… This is nuts. So amazing hahahah

Gotta give some credit to @josecgomez here. He came up with the ugly JS code.

2 Likes

fixed it

1 Like

It’s so great. The console widget is wild

Enjoy it while Epicor lets us have it

1 Like