Mass Data Load into VendAttr Table - Help Needed

@Banderson,

I’ve run into an issue where it says ttResults doesn’t exist:

At one point I thought they had changed the syntax to ds instead of tt, but that doesn’t seem to be it either. Any pointers on how to diagnose this and figure out which context should be used?

They changed the name from 10 to kinetic. It’s now queryResultDataset.Results

@Banderson,

Where did you find that information? I’d like to see what all changed from 10 to kinetic as far as coding.

I imported the BAQ from 10.2.500 to our kinetic test. The import automatically does the upgrade and I just looked at what it changed it to.

I really wish we were able to keep one of our systems on the old version. Would have helped a lot with stuff like this. Curse of being on the cloud I guess. I owe you a couple of drinks if we ever run into eachother!

1 Like

@Banderson,

Last question on this. I was going back through and wanted to add a UD column in the VendAttr table to the customization. I added another line to the myVendorRow for the field I wanted to populate, but it overwrites the CodeList instead. After looking at the code I believe this is because everything is based on the Vendor table and it’s included columns.

Based on that I do not believe I will be able to populate this UD column using this. Do you know have a way of populating the UD column using this as well?

That’s correct, the Vendor BO upates the vendor attribute columns, but because it’s not a one to one update, you’re going to have to go to the database directly for that. There is no BO for that. And since the vendor attribute table isn’t a one to one, your going to have to get more creative with looping through the correct rows. It can be done, but you won’t be able to use Epicor’s BO’s for it.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight! The solution above gets us exactly what we needed. Just wanted to see if we could go the extra mile with it. As always thanks for the help!

Dang @Banderson that was a treat to have you post the whole code.

Thank you.

2 Likes