MfgSys.exe has stopped working

When I start Epicor I get an error “MfgSys.Exe has stopped working.” before I even login. We tried a couple things I found here: Create C:\Cache and put that in AlternateCacheFolder in default.mfgsys config. That did not work. We gave me permissions on the Client folder. I think that fixed it for awhile - not sure which fixed it, but I’m getting the error again.

Try to clear the personalizations for the person if that is a thing in E9. I think it may be, it’s been so long.

Deleting the Cache folder worked.

1 Like

Ah right on, for some reason I saw Cache in your original post and thought you already tried that, but you created a new folder and put it somewhere else…

Deleting cache is always the first thing I like to do.

Hi,

Please delete this security.config.cch file in the respective user login

Path location is c:\Documents and Settings[user LoginID ]\Application Data\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.42
Del security.config.cch

Regards,
Anbuselvi Thirumavalavan

I have cache issues often, apparently because I connect remotely using Citrix. I get so many errors that I created a batch file to clear my cache folder and start Epicor:
filename: Epicor Prod.bat

rmdir /s /q C:\Cache\Epicor
start “” “C:\Epicor\Epicor905\Client\MfgSys.exe” -skip
exit 0

Hi,

If you are accessing through Citrix, you have to clear this file from Citrix Server, respective user profile

Open the citric server and go to C:\Users and point to the particular user facing the problem. Ex : John

C:\Users \John\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.312

Del security.config.cch

Definitely EPICOR will work

Regards,
Anbuselvi Thirumavalavan

1 Like

Thanks. I added that to my batch file I use to run Epicor which also clears my cache folder. I’ll let you know if it helps. I like that you said Definitely EPICOR will work.

Hi,

Our Citrix EPICOR users, & direct users are facing this issue. We tried this method. It is worked out in our environment.

Regards,
Anbuselvi Thirumavalavan

So far so good. Thanks.